• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2011
    NP : PRINCESS MONONOKE - Joe Hisaishi

Lovely.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Timmer wrote
    I really enjoy most of the Hook score, I do find it difficult to listen all the way through though, an expanded edition wouldn't entice me.

You serious? I think it's one of Williams' best, certainly right up there with his golden years material.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Timmer wrote
    NP : PRINCESS MONONOKE - Joe Hisaishi

Lovely.

Pretty much very close to the truth what you have just stated. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. DRAGON AGE II - INON ZUR

Had to turn it off half way through... It's a dull and uninteresting videogame score. Compared to my earlier NP this is absolute shit. vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    I really enjoy most of the Hook score, I do find it difficult to listen all the way through though, an expanded edition wouldn't entice me.

Nor me, but I think there's room for a "deluxe" edition combining the best parts of the album that was released with the best parts of the score that wasn't.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Nor me, but I think there's room for a "deluxe" edition combining the best parts of the album that was released with the best parts of the score that wasn't.

I've never been able to make it through the film to know how many good pieces were left off the release.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Broken Arrow - Hans Zimmer

Absolutely horrendous. After enjoying much of his recent output, a vivid reminder of why I so despised his music for so long.
  4. Now, if you remember I did not recommend this one.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2011 edited
    NP: HEMINGWAY'S ADVENTURES OF A YOUNG MAN (Franz Waxman)

Very dramatic - from orchestral sturm-und-drang to more jazzy stuff. A young John Williams plays some smokin' piano solos too! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Southall wrote

Absolutely horrendous. After enjoying much of his recent output, a vivid reminder of why I so despised his music for so long.

It might help if you listened to his non action 1990s scores...
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    You serious? I think it's one of Williams' best, certainly right up there with his golden years material.

Yup!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    KevinSmith wrote
    Southall wrote

It might help if you listened to his non action 1990s scores...

I do, usually!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    La Venexiana - Ennio

Very beautiful music (I adore the choral stuff in particular), though it's a bit repetitive even at 38 minutes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    If Darren Aronofsky had ever made his Robocop film, I'm sure he would have been trying to be taken so seriously. wink

I agree.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    "End Credits" from The Last Metro - Georges Delerue

In my opinion the single most beautiful piece of film music that there's been.

Really? I mean, it's good and all that but...

I'm with him on this one.

You are a wise man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    I think the GNP playlist, done on the film's original tracks, would be a fine album indeed. I like the more quiet orchestrations of the film.

Never a truer word were spoken.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    I think he was talking about another departure, rather than you. (ie steven)

I'm not really sure what all this is about though, so I'll just get out of here.... tiptoe....

Don't go! We love you here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yes, franz, please go. You've already eaten all the nachos. shocked wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I had a dream about Franz. He was wearing a mankini and (badly) lip-synching to the hits of Matt Monro. I'm not sure what it means but I'll be consulting my dream book later on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    I had a dream about Franz. He was wearing a mankini and (badly) lip-synching to the hits of Matt Monro. I'm not sure what it means but I'll be consulting my dream book later on.

You shouldn't smoke weed before you go to bed.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S (Henry Mancini)

Suave!
    I am extremely serious.
  5. I'd come to think that none of my posts were noticed. Now I observe that at least the least substantive ones are! Thankyou, Pedro. My regards to your village.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2011
    franz_conrad wrote
    I'd come to think that none of my posts were noticed. Now I observe that at least the least substantive ones are! Thankyou, Pedro. My regards to your village.

Don't be too hard on yourself, franz.

I See You.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Thor, I am your father. smile

NP: Jane Eyre (Marianelli)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  7. NP: Muddle Earth - Maurizio Malagnini

Just randomly going through some tracks and this nice score to an animated BBC programme came on. A really good orchestral score - clips are below and just skip past the first song track:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Muddle-Earth/dp … p;sr=301-1
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Thor, I am your father. smile

NP: Jane Eyre (Marianelli)

Just imagine if ZEUS was his father? Would that be fucked up or what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    NP: Les Misérables - Basil Poledouris

My favorite score by Basil Poledouris, brilliant!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cristian wrote
    NP: Les Misérables - Basil Poledouris

My favorite score by Basil Poledouris, brilliant!

Great score. Powerful, yet somehow subdued.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: BOMBAY (A. R. Rahman)

Rahman at his best - involving songs, beautiful score and NO damn vocoder!
    I am extremely serious.