• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2008
    depends what ripping software is being used. also depends on the codec
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Our best-selling CD so far is George and the Dragon which sold out, the best online only release is without competition Half Light.

mc
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    tjguitar wrote

Yup, the number of people who think if they have a file in 192 and they convert it to 320 improves the quality is shocking. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2008 edited
    I don't think SUCH idiot people DO exist. I think they do the masking thingy to fool somebody else...or themselves.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    moviescore wrote
    Our best-selling CD so far is George and the Dragon which sold out, the best online only release is without competition Half Light.

Owh. I was somehow going to order that one when I recovered from December money-goes-out-at-the-speed-of-christmas-lights month. I'll go for that Wong score instead. If there's still enough.

Will you start with 1000 copies again later on?
    Or a higher limit?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    tjguitar wrote

Yup, the number of people who think if they have a file in 192 and they convert it to 320 improves the quality is shocking. rolleyes

biggrin

Idiots.

And I will continue to say that it's nigh on impossible to tell the difference between 320k and a CD. It's called the placebo affect if you can.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote
    tjguitar wrote

biggrin

Idiots.

And I will continue to say that it's nigh on impossible to tell the difference between 320k and a CD. It's called the placebo affect if you can.

There are SOME artifacts, but like you said they won't be noticable to the casual listener.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Bregt wrote
    Will you start with 1000 copies again later on?
    Or a higher limit?

We are totally dependent on the market - and 500 actually reflects what is realistic for most of our albums since they are small films and, often, unknown composers.

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2008
    If someone is still looking for a CD of Treasured Island:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TREASURED-ISLAND-~- … 1818r20328

mc
  1. moviescore wrote
    If someone is still looking for a CD of Treasured Island:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TREASURED-ISLAND-~- … 1818r20328

mc

ow, a bargain smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Anybody ever heard Dodd's score to a film called CLOSING THE RING? I saw that recently and wondered if it would be worth getting. I don't believe I've ever heard anyone say a word about it.