• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. What cues would you listen to, or play for a loved one for Valentine's Day? Let's here some varying stuff, not just a thread full of "love theme from".

Off the top of my head, some of the pretty stuff from Mancini's "The Thorn Birds".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. The pretty stuff from Fenton´s Dangerous Beauty
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2011
    saw
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Anything she wanted. wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...which generally speaking would not be film music.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. That would probably be true...on any other day.

Now if she wanted to please me...maybe she'd suggest "Mirror Image" from Shore's Crash?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    The pretty stuff from Fenton´s Dangerous Beauty

An excellent choice, sir!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2011 edited
    Thank you. Not the worst movie to watch on Valentine´s Day, too, depending on the girl´s attitude towards the somewhat debatable topic, but Love Actually would probably be a much safer choice. ^^
  6. And also a nice choice for Valentine's listening if you have the promotional release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2011
    I have two tracks in my "intercourse playlist" for the lucky lady to enjoy. We start with the theme from Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines and climax to the theme from Dallas. In the unlikely event that the act takes longer than three minutes, an emergency addition is "The Beast Within" from Alien 3

The morning after - just in case - is "Dennis Steals the Embryos" from Jurassic Park.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    ftw biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I once did a 90 minute cassette of nothing but My Funny Valentine. Off the top of my head it included Bobby Hackett, Chet Baker, Frank Sinatra, Linda Rondstadt, Bill Evans and on and on. The person I gave it to didn't appreciate it. Ah such is life
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    For romantic dinners at home I play a "Dinner Music" playlist which has everything from jazz film music to the Morricone/Yo Yo Ma album to Varese's The English Patient and Other Arthouse Classics. Plus, there's a ton of gentle piano, string driven cues mixed in there as well.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. I just played my choice: "Desire" from Lust, Caution.

Anyone who saw the film will understand why.
  8. In fact, pretty much that whole score IMO. ^^

Also, "The End of Love" from The Painted Veil.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    A lot of women seem to love John Barry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2011 edited
    Probably because it unconsciously reminds them about Out of Africa... :biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not mine; i was playing dances with wolves loud the other day and she almost broke the record when the percussive parts started looping wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Christodoulides wrote
    Not mine; i was playing dances with wolves loud the other day and she almost broke the record when the percussive parts started looping wink

I find being alone and listening to music most comfortable these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I say always go out with a bang.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2011
    Love ya!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Yesterday was the time to get your candy for next year
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Erik Woods wrote
    I play a "Dinner Music" playlist
    -Erik-

I am interested in seeing this playlist in detail. Maybe you can take a screenshot of the list, that includes songs list, artist, album, etc? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Here you go!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Here you go!

-Erik-

A good selection, surprisingly lacking in Delerue and Morricone....and no Barry? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It's simply dinner music. Piano, light jazz, easy on the ears music. I made the selections in about five minutes so there you have it.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Fair nuff cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2011
    Is there any Rombi in there?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    Is there any Rombi in there?

No there isn't and you could quite easily have looked at the list yourself rolleyes tongue