• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2011
    Interesting press release I got for new cd release
    Daniele Luppi's Malos Habitos Score
    Available Apr. 26 Via Ipecac Recordings

Feb. 11, LOS ANGELES -- Daniele Luppi, the Italian composer who artfully straddles the world of traditional film composition (Nine, Inside Deep Throat, Under The Tuscan Sun) and contemporary music (Gnarls Barkley, Broken Bells, Mondo Cane), will make the long-coveted score to Malos Habitos (Bad Habits) available on Apr. 26 via Ipecac Recordings.

Ipecac co-founder Mike Patton described the score as "a fascinating chapter in an ever-evolving book from one of the best young composers walking today."

Malos Habitos (Bad Habits) is an award-winning Mexican film about a dysfunctional family living in Mexico City. The haunting, twenty-track score has been unavailable until now.

Luppi came to international attention in 2004 with the daring debut, An Italian Story, an homage to the cinematic sounds he discovered in his youth. Since that time, the composer has worked on an impressive array of film scores while simultaneously working with contemporary musicians on arrangements for their albums including John Legend, Gnarls Barkley and Mike Patton's Mondo Cane. One of the most anticipated albums of 2011 is Rome, an album five years in the making that sees Luppi once again re-team with Danger Mouse.

www.ipecac.com
    www.danieleluppi.com
    Kazoo
  1. I've just uploaded my review of Luppi's score Malos Hábitos.

An interesting score. A score predominantly for piano and strings, it's a bit of a gloomy listen but it fits excellently with the film. Although a Mexican film from a few years back I recommend hunting it down (it has been uploaded (in 10 parts) on YouTube) as it will add a lot to the listening experience.

As always, any comments - positive and negative - are gratefully received.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2011
    Good one Alan. I hope some people get to know the score through your review! smile
    Kazoo
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've just uploaded my review of Luppi's score Malos Hábitos.

An interesting score. A score predominantly for piano and strings, it's a bit of a gloomy listen but it fits excellently with the film. Although a Mexican film from a few years back I recommend hunting it down (it has been uploaded (in 10 parts) on YouTube) as it will add a lot to the listening experience.

As always, any comments - positive and negative - are gratefully received.

Just wanted to remind people that Daniele Luppi's score Malos Hábitos can be purchased as a download from today.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. I've just received a pressed CD/final packaged copy of Luppi's score in the post this morning. It's not a jewel cased CD but rather a cardboard affair where the CD fits in the sleeve on one side and a small booklet on the other.

This does not affect my review comments in any way. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2011
    Cool! So you didn't receive a physical one the first time, but a download instead?
    Kazoo
  4. Bregt wrote
    Cool! So you didn't receive a physical one the first time, but a download instead?

No, I did receive a physical disc last time. But it was just a CD-R in an envelope.