• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2011
    We have a vapor lock system on the gas pumps which allow you to fill your tank without smelling like a refinery when you leave. Of course I'm sure it contributes to a higher cost per gallon we have to pay opposed to other states.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2011
    We like to complain about the weather. We want it to be 70 everyday. If it gets to 72 that is too warm and if it only reaches 68 that is too cool. We're spoiled.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2011
    We don't sell fireworks which I think is a good safe thing to do
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote
    Here is a good one I just encountered. When you buy a monitor in California they have a disposal fee added on top of the purchase $18.00 I believe. If it breaks you can't throw it in your trash as they have another disposal fee to get rid of it unless you wait until a particular day where you can go wait in line and then turn it in. What was the money upfront? This is California.
    Tom smile

Or The Netherlands, where we've had such an arrangement in place for for quite a few years.

...not that it stops anyone from putting them out with the trash anyway. wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    We don't sell fireworks which I think is a good safe thing to do

You can buy fireworks all year round here in UK slant On the plus side you can't just go out and buy a gun.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2011
    other states allow the fireworks sale. The gun issue is a bit more complicated than just walking into a store and buying a handgun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Not *much* more...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    There is a waiting period to obtain a handgun and if you've been convicted of a felony you can't buy one.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's the being convicted of a felony after you've bought one that is the issue for me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2011
    can't argue
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We have some great beaches
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I can't argue there Tom, and particularly when you get off the beaten track. I can say that it's exactly the same here, the UK has some astoundingly magnificent beaches, some of which are difficult but rewarding to get to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...and cold.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    ...and cold.

...and wet, don't forget wet! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2011
    One of the more beautiful cities in the US is San Francisco a part of our wonderful state.
    Tom
  1. sdtom wrote
    One of the more beautiful cities in the US is San Francisco a part of our wonderful state.
    Tom

Ah, San Francisco! I love that city. One of the few American cities that is good to walk around. Though I felt less "safe" once I got south of Market Street(?)

I would go back in a heartbeat.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah

One of my very favourite cities.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    "If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair."
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2011
    Thor wrote
    "If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair."

More like make sure your trousers are done up tightly.

I just love being un-PC at times devil wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We also have the city of angels which is a horrible name for it. More killing than any city I know of.
    Tom smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    We also have the city of angels which is a horrible name for it. More killing than any city I know of.
    Tom smile

I was told the city with the highest murder rate is Caracus, Venuzuela. I'd bet it is really some African or Eastern bloc city which lacks stats and records for these sort of things, where torture and murder by authoraties goes unreported.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2011 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Tom smile

Los Angeles doesn't even have the highest per capita murder rate in California, never mind the United States. According to official FBI crime stats the ten most dangerous cities in the USA are (in order) New Orleans, Detroit, St. Louis, Baltimore, Newark, Oakland, Washington DC, Buffalo, Kansas City and Cleveland. Los Angeles comes in 37th place with a per capital murder rate of 0.08 - well behind the aforementioned Oakland (0.26), and other California cities like Stockton (0.11) and Fresno (0.09).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I tried to get a comprehensive comparison table for murder through the FBI site, but wasn't able to do so.
    However the US census bureau also indicates (at least for 2008, which seems the most recent data available on the web) that New Orleans and -interestingly- St. Louis are well ahead of the curve!

Internationally it'a bit of a toss-up as the data sources seem at best muddied.
    But general consensus seems to have it that it's a bit of a toss-up between Sua Juarez in Mexico (due to the truly horrendous drugs-related violence) and Mogadishu in Somalia due to its constant state of anarchic civil war.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2011
    Jon Broxton wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Tom smile

Los Angeles doesn't even have the highest per capita murder rate in California, never mind the United States. According to official FBI crime stats the ten most dangerous cities in the USA are (in order) New Orleans, Detroit, St. Louis, Baltimore, Newark, Oakland, Washington DC, Buffalo, Kansas City and Cleveland. Los Angeles comes in 37th place with a per capital murder rate of 0.08 - well behind the aforementioned Oakland (0.26), and other California cities like Stockton (0.11) and Fresno (0.09).

I guess reading about it gets on my nerves.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2011
    And because of my location in San Diego to Tijuana, yikes
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2011
    I just noticed today how many people are carrying around a Starbucks and talking on a cell phone oblivious to traffic.
  2. sdtom wrote
    I just noticed today how many people are carrying around a Starbucks and talking on a cell phone oblivious to traffic.

Whilst driving?

I am sure that the old TV show CHiPs would get quite repetitive if it was on today: accident caused by being distracted because of using mobile phone...again.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I was talking about walking around but it could apply to the driving also.
    Tom smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    sdtom wrote

Whilst driving?

I am sure that the old TV show CHiPs would get quite repetitive if it was on today: accident caused by being distracted because of using mobile phone...again.

Cripes but that show was cheesy, I used to love watching it on a Saturday morning. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2011
    Car registration is at best difficult