• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2011
    I've recently switched over to the dark (well, light I suppose) side and bought a Mac.

For those of you who followed the computing thread you may be pleased to hear I resolved my audio playback issues. Who'd have thought unplugging the external sound card I paid extra for and using the standard headphone output would give better results?!

Anyway, back on my PC I had a great piece of software for editing MP3's called Audio Cleaning Labs. It was quite basic but had a very streamlined interface and you could chop files up, rearrange them and fade cues together incredibly easily.

However I'm yet to find a similar piece of software for Mac. I can achieve the same results in GarageBand but it is a much lengthier process and it seems geared more towards music creation than editing. I also tried Audacity but this really doesn't do what I want.

What can you recommend?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2011
    Adobe Audition for Mac or Audacity

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Audacity does all the things you describe, and it's easy and quick to use -- maybe you didn't do it correctly; what were you trying to do, that it doesn't?

By the by, anybody know of a program like Audacity, quick and easy to use, for videos?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2011 edited
    Anthony, I suggest Amadeus Pro. It does all that you described and personally I found it much easier to use than Audacity. The only shortcoming is that it is not free, but then $25 is a bargain compared to the current price tag of Adobe Audition at Amazon.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions. Has anybody used audio cleaning labs? Amadeus comes closest but it's still quite a long way from this in terms of ease of use. sad