• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    DemonStar wrote
    More LoTR stuff to look forward to!! punk

Yeah, that ought to make you happy, huh, Ravi? biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    TheTelmarine wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Yeah! Eager anticipation for something is always sweet! And when we do get it, is sweeter biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Yeah! Eager anticipation for something is always sweet! And when we do get it, is sweeter biggrin

Of course! LOL biggrin I wonder if they'll make a Complete Recordings album for The Hobbit... I really think they will, but I don't know. Isn't the film being released under a different company? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Of course! LOL biggrin I wonder if they'll make a "Complete Recordings" album for The Hobbit... I really think they will, but I don't know. Isn't the film being released under a different company? confused

I really hope they do a complete recordings... Maestro Shore would certainly be willing I think biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    If it's anything likE the LOTR scores or S.U.N, then i'm sold. punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Shore said he had already started toying with ideas about it a few years back (that is possibly when he was working on the Complete Recordings) so I guess it will definitely have LoTR influence and maybe even some themes from it. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I definitely hope that, it'll be MASSIVE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2008
    DemonStar wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Of course! LOL biggrin I wonder if they'll make a "Complete Recordings" album for The Hobbit... I really think they will, but I don't know. Isn't the film being released under a different company? confused

I really hope they do a complete recordings... Maestro Shore would certainly be willing I think biggrin

I agree! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2008 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    Shore said he had already started toying with ideas about it a few years back (that is possibly when he was working on the Complete Recordings) so I guess it will definitely have LoTR influence and maybe even some themes from it. biggrin

Yeah, I read that somewhere. I think it's great that he's into the music and story enough to actually think up musical ideas for a film he (at the time) wasn't even sure was going to be made!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TheTelmarine wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Yeah, I read that somewhere. I think it's great that he's into the music and story enough to actually think up musical ideas for a film he (at the time) wasn't even sure was going to be made!

I's not often now that composers have opportunity to work on something so long in advance.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    DemonStar wrote

I's not often now that composers have opportunity to work on something so long in advance.

Yeah, I know. Well, I'm glad they're making it, and even more glad that Mr. Shore is getting to score it! I can't wait to hear the new motifs for The Hobbit! Hopefully we'll hear some of the same themes from The Lord of the Rings, as well.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Yeah, I know. Well, I'm glad they're making it, and even more glad that Mr. Shore is getting to score it! I can't wait to hear the new motifs for The Hobbit! Hopefully we'll hear some of the same themes from The Lord of the Rings, as well.

I have confidence that he'll do a great job but man, it sure is a long way off yet to be having conversations about it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    DemonStar wrote

I have confidence that he'll do a great job but man, it sure is a long way off yet to be having conversations about it.

I suppose you're right. Three years is a long time, after all! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    This is where Mr. Shore said about it - www.tracksounds.com/specialfeatures/Int … e_2006.htm

It was soon after the release of The Two Towers Complete Recordings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote
    This is where Mr. Shore said about it - www.tracksounds.com/specialfeatures/Int … e_2006.htm

It was soon after the release of The Two Towers Complete Recordings.

Cool! Thanks for the link, Ravi! beer
  1. I'm just waiting how it all gonna sound and look like, it is years before the LOTR saga, how will this play out. Hoping for true LOTR magic here, Del Toro do your best
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    Del toro no longer directing it, it seems, to many people's rejoice.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/30/gui … reenplays/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What's wrong with Del Toro? confused

Wasn't mad about the story or characterisations of Pan's Labyrinth, but it looked beautiful.
    And Hellboy was great.

I'm sorry to see him leave the project.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Me too sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I don't mind Del Toro, I have never loved his movies. But I do mind the movie.
    Still, can't Jackson find a director who's not necessarily a big name but can direct the movie according to Jackson's vision?
    The same happaned with Star Wars V., and VI. Kershner's and Marquand's name don't really equal visionary directors but they made probably the best episodes in the Star Wars saga.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Damn! I had high hopes for Del Toro's contribution to this.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hellboy was......ah, nevermind. In any case, the aspect of Peter Jackson doing it beats the previous one to hell and by far.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Del toro no longer directing it, it seems, to many people's rejoice.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/30/gui … reenplays/

wow, surprising news
    wonder who's going to direct this now
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010 edited
    Imagine if Steven Spielberg jumped on board. He and Jackson are having a great time filming (mo-caping... whatever) The Adventures of Tintin...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, the problem is it's Tintin.
  3. Steven wrote

hey, don't attack our Belgian pride smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Imagine if Steven Spielberg jumped on board. He and Jackson are having a great time filming (mo-caping... whatever) The Adventures of Tintin...

-Erik-

THAT would be great. The answer why some people are rejoicing for DelToro's removal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Steven wrote

What's suddenly wrong with that? confused
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nothing. (Nothing sudden at least.)