• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2011
    BAFTA AND IVOR NOVELLO WINNING COMPOSER DAN JONES NABS TWO EMMY NODS

Los Angeles, CA/London, UK – On September 10th, composer Dan Jones will attend the Creative Art Emmy Awards ceremony with two nominations in the Music Category: Outstanding Music Composition For A Miniseries & Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music both for his work on the PBS series “Any Human Heart”. The nominated score has already gone on to win the BAFTA and the Ivor Novello Awards for Best Score out of the United Kingdom.

“I must thank the remarkable director who, despite directing well over five hours of television, never lost his vision or eye for detail and extraordinary depth of feeling for this amazing story. So, Michael Samuels thank you very much. Your finger prints are all over this score,” comments Jones upon receiving his BAFTA.

About Dan Jones:
    Dan Jones has written the music for over 100 television and feature films and sound designed or scored over 60 theatre productions, including the Ivor Novello winning score to Menno Meyjes’ directed “Max”. His music for Sky Orchestra (which he co-devised with Luke Jerram) launched the Sydney Festival in 2007 and was re-commissioned as part of the RSC complete works festival. It was restaged this year in the build-up to the London 2012 Olympics. Jones runs a music studio in Bristol and is published by Faber Music.

About “Any Human Heart”:
    A novelist's life ricochets from 1920s Paris to '50s New York and '80s London. Along the way he meets Ernest Hemingway, Ian Fleming and the Duke and Duchess of Windsor - the exiled British king and his mistress Wallis Simpson.
    Kazoo
  1. I like MAX and SHADOW OF A VAMPIRE.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2011 edited
    I've just seen the BBC show STRANGE from a few years back (2002). Quite a good show. It's about demons, but set in a more typical BBC investigation setting, with LOTS of character focus. Not much action, except the FX-filled endings of each of the 7 episodes.

The music by Jones was brilliant! Very bold, big and muscular; slightly reminiscent of Gunning's work for COLD LAZARUS. Hear the opening theme here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LYtze6KXMY
    I am extremely serious.