• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011
    'sup. wave

Bregje wrote
    Steven wrote
    Also, hi.

Steeeeeeeeeeeeven!!! hug

I missed you! I really did. Really!
    I've been reading some Dawkins and thought of you many times.
    smile

Good to hear! smile (I strongly recommend Sam Harris if you haven't already looked into his books and debates on YouTube.)

Right, time to catch up on some lost posting...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Welcome back!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011 edited
    Steven wrote
    Right, time to catch up on some lost posting...

punk

MT hasn't been the same without you.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Both are incredible indeed hard to choose. Steven welcome back buddy we missed you !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011 edited
    Thanks D and Peter. beer Also, both scores are favourites of mine, no doubt about that.
  1. Hey Steven, welcome back buddy

Concerning the subject itself: both scores kick ass in their respected films as on CD, so for me it's a tie!
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2011
    Tron by a country mile. It's perfect in the film and makes for one of the most enjoyable CD listens of all time! Inception on the other hand was pants in the film however the CD is quite good and very well produced!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Tron by a country mile. It's perfect in the film and makes for one of the most enjoyable CD listens of all time! Inception on the other hand was pants in the film however the CD is quite good and very well produced!

-Erik-

I thought it was absolutely brilliant in the fiml and one of the main reasons why it remains one of the best films of last year, IMO. The deep, rumbling chords added a necessary, "three-dimensional" aural space to the narrative. The deeper you went into the dream worlds, the deeper the music got too.

It has already become a featured reference in popular culture, referenced and parodied all over the place. It wouldn't have been that if it were "pants" in the movie.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    both were simply brilliant in their respective films. Truly classic modern scores
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    And we will see a 20 minute suite of it in Ghent!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    envy, envy, envy
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Inception. There were some good moments in Tron: Legacy, but everytime I listen to it, the score reminds me of other Zimmer/MV/RC scores, so I end up listening to those instead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011 edited
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I thought it was absolutely brilliant in the fiml and one of the main reasons why it remains one of the best films of last year, IMO. The deep, rumbling chords added a necessary, "three-dimensional" aural space to the narrative. The deeper you went into the dream worlds, the deeper the music got too.

It has already become a featured reference in popular culture, referenced and parodied all over the place. It wouldn't have been that if it were "pants" in the movie.

1) It's not Zimmer's music that has been parodied... it's the trailer music... BLAAAAAAAARGH... not written by Zimmer.
    2) And I've made this point before... the score was over bearing making key sections of dialogue inaudible. I do like the use of music in the last act of the film but overall it was poorly spotted and terribly mixed.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011 edited
    I think they are two completly diferent scores. and it's unfair to compare them only because one dramatic effect inspired some of his stuff.

I think Tron Legacy goes electronically further than any Hans Zimmer score has gone (but I think Hans didn't want to go that far anyway). I think a much more fair comparation could be with Social network.

But it's just my humble opinion.
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011
    ...J...J...Jordi made sense? shocked
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Who are you and what have you done with Jordi?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Anthony wrote
    Who are you and what have you done with Jordi?

I hope he isn't coming to Ghent!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Jordi's getting....m......m......m...mature!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    What the hell happened when I was away!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hell unleash, seriously. See Greece, Italy, Spain, the Eurozone, Jordi! Damn, 2012 prophecies weren't telling lies after all! And like all this isn't enough, 'is scored by Thomas Wanker goddamn it!

n.p DAVID ARNOLD - Paul

Fun, breezy, cool. Love it. Is the movie worth seeing? I read in rottentomatoes (was it?) that it's a pile of crap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ Wrong thread, D.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Is the movie worth seeing? I read in rottentomatoes (was it?) that it's a pile of crap.

I thought it was excellent!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Is the movie worth seeing? I read in rottentomatoes (was it?) that it's a pile of crap.

Excellent movie!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I still haven't seen it but friends of mine who share many of my tastes say I'd like it a lot so it's about time I gave it a try.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice, thank you guys. Will see it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's a geek's film, but I think it has a wider appeal too. Very funny, witty in places and rather touching too. Excellent cgi too.