• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2011
    I didn't see one golden age film score.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    I didn't see one golden age film score.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!! OOOHHH! He, he.......uhm.......OK......sorry, I thought we were still doing innuendo jokes.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    applause
    Actually THAT was REALLY funny, Thor.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2011
    Kevin, I hope by the topic title you mean 'music for one particular lady' and not 'music for ladies in general'. Because that would be weird, as if all girls like the same. Imagine I ask you all 'can you recommend music for guys?'
    smile

Secondly, I would suggest something you like yourself as well. I always like it when people show me what they like.

Thirdly, going for romantic and emotional sounds really cliché to me. As a trick or manipulation or something? I don't like it when people go overly romantic, it scares me off. Like flowers and chocolat, brrrrr.... Also, I hate it when people think for me. Just ask. Give the music and ask: what do you think?

So, I would do what you wanted to do in the first place. Listen to what she likes and try to find more in the same style. I mean, what would you recommend a friend if you knew a bit what he liked? It's exactly the same.

Good luck! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You'd do well to listen to the lady, Kevin. wink (Bregje that is.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    While it is obviously impossible to create a list of "girl music" per se, it can still be considered possible to create a ROMANTIC playlist, that is consisting of songs or tracks that are generally associated with romantic atmospheres.

Of course, it's still a matter of degree. It wouldn't make sense to play Whitney Houston's version of "I Will Always Love You" if you're having a goth girl over. You get my drift. But film music is less on-the-nose that way, so some cool and suave romantic music could work. Perhaps some cocktail lounge a la Schifrin's GONE WITH THE WAVE, for example (which is about surfing, not romance, but it's got that general ambiance).

Sorry, I'm rambling here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I would play Zimmer, Jablonsky and Rabin for a guy and he'd have to walk around in slow motion in uniform all night. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2011 edited
    Pffff...maybe we can get away from stereotyping here?
    Romantic obviously translates to lyrical and melodic, which is anyone's best bet for someone not openly into film music: no girl that is not into film music I know ever prefered Haslinger's Underworld to Elfman's Edward Scissorhands.

I also don't happen to think bringing someone flowers is in any way a "manipulative trick". Nor is providing a 'mix tape' (I love how that phrase remains in use long after the demise of cassette tapes smile ) of music you think is appropriate. I just think it's a nice gesture, and in my experience it's always been appreciated.

(To be sure: I appreciate that you personally may be put off by flowers and romantic music, Bregje. But from experience honestly I'd say you're an exception in that regard. In fact, some of the best feedback I've had is from girls and women whom I didn't explicitly ask what their tastes were, but were surprised by my own interpretation. Often people really find some fun in being drawn from their comfort zone.
    Obviously there is a risk in that.
    But then, if you want to change or break out of a comfort zone, most things in life are risky. smile )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote
    I would play Zimmer, Jablonsky and Rabin for a guy and he'd have to walk around in slow motion in uniform all night. wink

biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'd guarantee you most of the ladies that will listen to Jablonsky or Rabin will jump out the window.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Will they? I know I wouldn't. Well I guess being a film music fan protects me from such acts! wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Of course. Bregje too.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2011
    Steven wrote
    You'd do well to listen to the lady, Kevin. wink (Bregje that is.)

Compared to the sausage fest that is the majority of MainTitles. biggrin
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, 'cause the sausages have never handled a lady in their lives. Why did you ask here the first place? You should have tried the sex and the city online forums wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Since we male film music fans all like the same things and never have any disagreements about anything, I'm sure you'll be able to find just the right scores for women folk!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Film music fans aren't a subjective thing, at all, as everyone is with their hobbies, especially if eclectic and well, geeky like ours. But i got the impression that he was asking for a non-film music fan lady? You can't really compare Bregje, Stavi or any of our beloved film music fans ladies of the forum with the average lady out there?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, 'cause the sausages have never handled a lady in their lives. Why did you ask here the first place? You should have tried the sex and the city online forums wink

biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    You can't really compare Bregje, Stavi or any of our beloved film music fans ladies of the forum with the average lady out there?

Unfortunately you cannot.