• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Steven wrote
    Ha!

... wink

Seriously though, buy some cargo pants/trousers.

Nope. I don't care to look like I was embarking on a jungle expedition when all I do is going to the supermarked.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2014
    You're quite right. Looking like a cross dresser is far more appropriate for grocery shopping.
  2. Sorry, I just got entangled in my cleavage dress. You were saying? wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2014
    I hate when that happens!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2015
    Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but I LOL'ed quite a few times during this conversation between two socalled 'chatbots':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_tvm6Eoa3g

Guess Skynet isn't taking over any time soon. The whole thing comes off as an absurd play by Ionesco or Harold Pinter or something.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Have you seen the new iMac unveiled this week?

Wow, I'm not sure how I feel about the design or colors. vomit

But I'm also a diehard iMac all-in-one desktop user and have had them for the last twenty years and I'll need an upgraded processor soon - my poor beast from late 2014 is slowing down. Now I'm on the fence about departing from iMac and doing a Mac mini with my own more attractive monitor choice instead. Anyone have experience with them? Thoughts?
  4. I've never been tempted by Apple computers so the new iMac has passed me by.

How do all-in-one computers compare with 'normal' desktops?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Normal desktops have a tower/base that is then connected to a separate monitor, which you could swap out or upgrade, etc. All-in-ones are where the monitor and brains of the computer are build together as one and virtually unchanged-able once they are built (other than adding ram), but they are normally cleaner, sleeker and less cluttered looking. I enjoy having an attractive workspace over a command center look and feel, but not so sure now with the weird pastel colors they're offering!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2021
    I do own both an iPhone and an ancient (10 year old +) iPod, but I've never been able to "get" Macs. And I've tried several times. Had to use one in various work circumstances, and the interface just drives me up the wall. I'll be a PC user untill the day I die. So yeah -- unfortunately, I'm not up to speed on any new incarnations of the iMac.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. I loved my 'huge capacity' (was it 256GB?) classic iPod - it was the only mp3 player at the time that had so much space - but I hated being tied to iTunes. It was great when it worked but was really frustrating when it started doing things you didn't want it to do.

To be fair, any software that comes with an mp3 player is usually terrible to use.

Now I just use a dedicated old phone or, more recently my current phone, as an mp3 player. But even that can be frustrating as my headphone socket doubles as the charging socket and I can't listen and charge at the same time.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2021
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I loved my 'huge capacity' (was it 256GB?) classic iPod - it was the only mp3 player at the time that had so much space - but I hated being tied to iTunes. It was great when it worked but was really frustrating when it started doing things you didn't want it to do.

Yup, that's the one I have. Unfortunately, I can't get the cord to work very well anymore (probably some connection issues), so I have problems both charging it and connecting it to my computer iTunes. But it was great while it lasted -- and it was of IMMENSE help when I lost my collection in a harddrive crash a few years ago; it had pretty much 75% of my collection, which was my saving grace. Thankfully, the crash didn't happen today, when I can't connect it anymore.

I use my phone for phoning (plus messaging and social media), I'm not using it - nor will I probably ever use it - for music listening, film watching etc.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Thor wrote
    I use my phone for phoning (plus messaging and social media), I'm not using it - nor will I probably ever use it - for music listening, film watching etc.

That's what I would always tell myself. But now I find it's just so convenient having my music on my phone.

I must have 5 different devices that I have used over the years that have various amounts of my film music on them - iPod Classic, Creative Zen, Sony NW-A35, my old Huawei smartphone and my current Huawei smartphone. And, as I say, each one had/has its own problems and/or inconveniences when trying to add music to them.