• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2011
    Hey all. I recently stumbled upon a YouTube video of a John Williams / New York Philharmonic concert, and one of the pieces on the program was a tribute to film music. Could anyone help me figure out what score the very first music in the video is from? It sounds VERY familiar, but I just can't put my finger on it. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtfArhBn … b60BD74ceO
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    The Sea Hawk - Erich Wolfgang Korngold

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Thanks a ton! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    interesting clip
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2011
    Yeah, it really is. For that matter, would anyone happen to know what the rest of the scores are, that are presented in the tribute? I recognize all the John Williams ones, and Horner, but am not familiar with the others.
  1. Right at the end, it looks like the screen quickly flashes the names of all the films, in order, that were used.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'd bet my left nut that that's the suite Williams premiered at the Oscars in 2002
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_0g3tEcM0w

Casablanca, Citizen Kane, 20th Century Fox Fanfare, Star Wars, The Sea Hawk, Spellbound, Titanic, Psycho, Jaws, The Pink Panther, Exodus, Out of Africa, Doctor Zhivago, Bridge on the River Kwai, Patton, Rocky, The Magnificent Seven, The Natural, Cinema Paradiso, The Godfather, ET, Gone With the Wind

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. I think that's the one I have on VHS tape recorded the night it aired.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    I'd bet my left nut that that's the suite Williams premiered at the Oscars in 2002
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_0g3tEcM0w

Casablanca, Citizen Kane, 20th Century Fox Fanfare, Star Wars, The Sea Hawk, Spellbound, Titanic, Psycho, Jaws, The Pink Panther, Exodus, Out of Africa, Doctor Zhivago, Bridge on the River Kwai, Patton, Rocky, The Magnificent Seven, The Natural, Cinema Paradiso, The Godfather, ET, Gone With the Wind

-Erik-

What a list of obscure scores!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Clever.