• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2012
    Hi,
    I'm planning a trip to LA or Boston. To see John Williams and visit some cities there.

I know John williams is going to do a concert in Boston, but I think he does something in LA too. Am I right?

Im more interested in California.

Can we plan anything?

Let's go for a ride!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Nothing is planned in LA yet, as far as I know. There's only the Boston/Tanglewood thingies. But I'm sure he'll be booked for the Bowl this year too.

I had actually planned a trip to LA this year (perhaps combined with some days in NY first), to see him there, but as it is right now -- finances and health have come in the way.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Thor wrote
    Nothing is planned in LA yet, as far as I know. There's only the Boston/Tanglewood thingies. But I'm sure he'll be booked for the Bowl this year too.

I had actually planned a trip to LA this year (perhaps combined with some days in NY first), to see him there, but as it is right now -- finances and health have come in the way.

My plans could be go to Boston and visit NY too. Marselus is in. We are thinking about it..

Sad to read this about your heath...You have to be a good boy, thor! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    When does this all happen?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    We are strongly considering a trip to California this year. If it coincides with a Williams concert, all the better. When do his Hollywood Bowl concerts usually take place?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I definitely want to go to L.A. in the near future...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Looks like his LA appearance is usually in August.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    We are strongly considering a trip to California this year. If it coincides with a Williams concert, all the better. When do his Hollywood Bowl concerts usually take place?

Great.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm interested if a group are going. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2012
    http://www.streamingsoundracks.com goes to LA every year with a group. Maybe something can be combined like we did in Ghent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    If you all make it to LA it is a short 3 hour trip down to San Diego. Perhaps you could tie this is to our somewhat famous Comic-Con convention? Be nice to see all of you.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wow, this might become a group gathering...
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Let's wait untill a Hollywood Bowl concert is confirmed, shall we? Right now, no JW concert is planned in LA.

Only then can I make a budget and see if I can make it. At this time, I'm guessing it's about 20% chance.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Williams's Hollywood Bowl concert is usually Labor Day weekend, which this year is September 3rd.

Don't forget, also, that Peter Hackman usually does his "Fans of Film Music" weekend to coincide with the Williams concert, where there are various get-togethers, meals, and the famous Composer Panel where 50 or so fans and half a dozen composers get together for a moderated panel discussion, signing event, etc. A lot of people come in from all over the US for that, and it's always a really fun event.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2012
    Jon Broxton wrote
    Williams's Hollywood Bowl concert is usually Labor Day weekend, which this year is September 3rd.

Don't forget, also, that Peter Hackman usually does his "Fans of Film Music" weekend to coincide with the Williams concert, where there are various get-togethers, meals, and the famous Composer Panel where 50 or so fans and half a dozen composers get together for a moderated panel discussion, signing event, etc. A lot of people come in from all over the US for that, and it's always a really fun event.

Damn, that late? Then it may crash with my studies, regardless of finances and health. slant
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    What studies are you doing Thor?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    What studies are you doing Thor?

If everything works out, I'll be studying pedagogy(?) for three semesters, in order to be a college (high school?) teacher.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2012
    Yup, Williams concerts in LA are on 31st August and 1st September:

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/pe … m?id=4879#

Seriously considering it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote

Glad to have it confirmed. I still think finances will prevent me from it. Oslo-LA is a LOOOOONG and expensive flight, and the cost of living there ain't too cheap either. It can't just be a weekend, after all.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote

This would be good! Will consider it too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Where do you guys get the money from?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2012
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2012
    Southall wrote