• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2012
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    I recently listened to THIS 10-15 times over!

I don't understand how you can do this!? crazy

I don't understand... cry

Because it's awesome and there is clearly something wrong with YOU! wink

-Erik-

Nah, he probably prefers the original Williams tongue kiss
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Joking aside (right? Oh god...), I don't think I've ever met anyone who could consciously listen to the same track or song 15 times in one day! shocked That's insane.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote

Nah, he probably prefers the original Williams tongue kiss

It's not actually as Williamsy as you think!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    No... it's quite normal!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Strange!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ...or....or.....or........you're quite strange? wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nope. Not possible.
  1. Steven wrote
    Bregje wrote
    I often have single tracks on repeat. I don't listen the entire score that many times. But tracks I like I repeat a lot on one day.

I think I can only listen to the same piece of music twice in one day MAX. Three times kills it! dizzy

I get annoyed with the radio at work playing the same shit every day, it does my head in. slant

I used to be like that, but lately I've been listening to too much good stuff and I can't help but put it on repeat.
  2. So, I've had the score to The Iron Lady for 3 1/2 weeks and I've played "Discord and Harmony" 55 times already. Wow.
  3. Bregt wrote
    Hope of Labour is the Cause of the World from The Miner's Hymns by Jóhan Jóhannson
    Fantastic finale to a work for brass by the Icelandic composer. His first film score too I think. Quite a heavy loaded score, very moody and slow. I like quite a bit of his other work, but some of it turns me of. He got some fame this year for the music in the Battle LA trailer.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of this. Some interesting stuff.

It turns out that Jóhannson has several film and TV titles to his name. Another excellent score is the one he wrote for the 2008 film Varmints. The music is released on an album entitled "And In The Endless Pause There Came The Sound of Bees".

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Endless-Pause-T … amp;sr=1-6

"City Building" is particularly good - very Arvo Pärt - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sseo4usdIAQ
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    So, I've had the score to The Iron Lady for 3 1/2 weeks and I've played "Discord and Harmony" 55 times already. Wow.

61 times now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Hope of Labour is the Cause of the World from The Miner's Hymns by Jóhan Jóhannson
    Fantastic finale to a work for brass by the Icelandic composer. His first film score too I think. Quite a heavy loaded score, very moody and slow. I like quite a bit of his other work, but some of it turns me of. He got some fame this year for the music in the Battle LA trailer.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of this. Some interesting stuff.

It turns out that Jóhannson has several film and TV titles to his name. Another excellent score is the one he wrote for the 2008 film Varmints. The music is released on an album entitled "And In The Endless Pause There Came The Sound of Bees".

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Endless-Pause-T … amp;sr=1-6

"City Building" is particularly good - very Arvo Pärt - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sseo4usdIAQ

Sweet!!! I hadn't heard about that one. The name of the album suggests it blends in with some of his similar named track titles!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    So, I've had the score to The Iron Lady for 3 1/2 weeks and I've played "Discord and Harmony" 55 times already. Wow.

61 times now.

Do you have OCD? uhm
  5. ^^ Maybe, but it's not because I love that track.
  6. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

61 times now.

What a surprise. It's now the most played track on my iPod, with well over 85 plays. and it's still fresh after that many times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2012
    That's just fucking insane.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    My most played tracks over a period of roughly two years are at a shared first place with nine plays each:

Across The Stars - John Williams
    Entr'Acte from El Cid - Miklos Rozsa
    All The Strange Strange Creatures (from Doctor Who series 3) - Murray Gold
    Song For Ten (from Doctor Who series 1) - Neil Hannon

Exciting stuff.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    O' Sanity!
  7. It is good to see that single-digit plays are the norm for some other people, Martijn!

My top five of most played tracks are (with 6/7 plays):

"Florida Fantasy" - Midnight Cowboy - John Barry
    "La Piscina" - El Arte de Morir - Bingen Mendizabal
    "Main Title Theme" - Rome - Jeff Beal
    "Bill's Lament" - True Blood - Nathan Barr
    "Left Bank Two" - Vision On - Wayne Hill

A bit of a TV-oriented list!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What was the name of the TV show that used the Barry piece? Many years ago it was used for the BBC's cricket coverage but later it was the theme to a childrens show, ironic considering it comes from an X rated film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I really don't have much that I listen to over and over as I'm constantly listening to new material for possible reviews but I do have a favorite CD that I will put on once in awhile. However, it is a mixture of soundtracks, jazz, songs I use to play on the trombone such as "Misty" and popular material from the 50's and 60's. It does include "Turtle Lope," "Rainhammers," "The Best Years of Our Lives," Wes Montgomery, Henry Mancini, and Bill Evans.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  8. I know it from an early incarnation of the BBC's Holiday programme.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I remember it now Alan, it was used as the theme to WILDTRACK with Tony Soper.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  9. Ah, I was never very keen on Tony Soper!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Ah, I was never very keen on Tony Soper!

I've never heard of him.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  10. sdtom wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Ah, I was never very keen on Tony Soper!

I've never heard of him.
    Tom

TV presenter here in the UK from several years ago. He used to present nature-oriented shows.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Alan's right, he was crap!
  11. Steven wrote
    That's just fucking insane.

Nah, I call it being a devout Newman fan. I'm sure some people here feel the same way about John Williams.
    • CommentAuthoradam
    Painted Veil - River Waltz
    Conan - Riddle of steel/Riders of doom
    Star Trek - Labor of love
    Assassination of Jesse James - Rather lovely thing
    Chicken Run - Building the crate
    Solaris - Is this what everybody wants
    Blue Velvet - Night streets
    King Kong - That's all there is
    Lost season 1 - Departing Sun
    Torn Curtain - Prelude
    North by Northwest - The streets
    North by Northwest - Conversation piece

The stats don't go back very far, but if they did, the all time leaders would have to be the entire soundtracks to Amarcord and La Dolce Vita
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I remember it now Alan, it was used as the theme to WILDTRACK with Tony Soper.

Is that his last name? 'Soper' is an old (now thankfully extinct) description of homosexuals here in Norway. Probably akin to your 'faggot'. Am I allowed to laugh at that?
    I am extremely serious.