• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2012
    PawelStroinski wrote
    That's actually Robert Duvall not Ed Harris.

I know that but I always mix their name up shame Both are superb actors.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. And right now underused, sadly.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    just watched Deep Impact, you can add another scene to your list

- the destruction scene at the end, zero music

Good film too, I know not everyone likes it, but I cried a lot at the end. 7 out of 10

I like the film, far FAR better that the stoopid ( though watchable ) Armageddon and with some deeply moving moments, the scene where Ed Harris reads Moby Dick to the blinded astronaut and the reporter hugs her estranged dad as the sea empties ready for the giant tsunami never fail to move me.

good scenes indeed, and there are others as well
    anyway, I like Armageddon for its fun, but Deep Impact has got its strengths as well. Both good movies in their own right
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Deep Impact is way better than Armageddon. I enjoy Armageddon for what Bay does in his own usual gungho macho way and not taking it all too seriously in the process, but Deep Impact is just so much more engaging, an emotional rollercoaster with some really great scenes, all of them being handled with respect and realism. There is also an incredibly effective score by Horner, one that I personally love a lot.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2012
    justin boggan wrote
    "The Birds".

Good choice Justin. I'm amazed at the number of people who don't even realize the absence of music. Another example of Hitchcock and lack of music is "The Rope," except for the beginning and the end.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  4. The opening fight of Kill Bill Vol. 1, The Bride vs. Vernita Green. But Quentin Tarantino doesn't use musical scores in his films in a traditional sense.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    just watched Deep Impact, you can add another scene to your list

- the destruction scene at the end, zero music

Good film too, I know not everyone likes it, but I cried a lot at the end. 7 out of 10

Thanks! that's a great addition as well.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    The opening fight of Kill Bill Vol. 1, The Bride vs. Vernita Green. But Quentin Tarantino doesn't use musical scores in his films in a traditional sense.

Thanks, keep em coming!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. sdtom wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    "The Birds".

Good choice Justin. I'm amazed at the number of people who don't even realize the absence of music. Another example of Hitchcock and lack of music is "The Rope," except for the beginning and the end.
    Tom

And "Rear Window" had next to no score -- not sure if that was intentional, or if most of the score was dropped after it worked better without.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.