• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2012 edited
    http://festival.bsospirit.com/

So far no English info is available, but from the site above, the festival is split in two. The first event(s) are around 26 June in the beautiful city of Córdoba.

The other one is at the end of July, called Playfest. The latter is about film, movie, series and game music. This is held in Úbeda.

CORDOBA | 25 june - 1 july
    http://festivaldecordoba.com/en

UBEDA - PLAYFEST | 23 - 29 July
    Press release

Confirmed guests:
    Alf Clausen
    Austin Wintory (Suite from Journey)

I have no more info. I hope a site and English info will be available for international guests. Perhaps Jordi or Marcel (or soon Steven) can enlighten us. In the mean time, I'll post updates here.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDutchbat
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012
    Still very much uncertainty. Is it still going to be held in Ubeda or are they really moving to Malaga?
    I'm interested in getting in contact with those guys.
    @Bregt, Any plans of coming to Krakow or Tenerife?

Greetings,
    Dutchbat
    wow, that was fun, let's do it again (Donkey in Shrek)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Dutchbat wrote
    Still very much uncertainty. Is it still going to be held in Ubeda or are they really moving to Malaga?
    I'm interested in getting in contact with those guys.
    @Bregt, Any plans of coming to Krakow or Tenerife?

Greetings,
    Dutchbat

He's not coming to Krakow. I don't know about Tenerife.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    No, can't make it to both.

Playfest is in Ubeda (from 23 to 29 July). Apparently they figured out a way to do it in this little cosy town again, instead of big Malaga. Another event is planned at the end of June, somewhere else in Andalucía, but no info available yet.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012 edited
    Update to the original post. Cordoba is a fantastic city. Jewish quarter! Hopefully they'll stay there for a few years. I'd love to visit that region again.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012
    shocked Cordoba!!!! flash
    COOL!!!!

Let me count my holidays.
    And my money. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I can't participate in this year's event anyway, but the Ubeda program doesn't seem too interesting to me (I don't care about computer games and music....at least not stuff after the 90's).

Still, I'd be interested in hearing what the Cordoba segment will be about.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn, will you keep a day off for Ghent or so?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ghent?
    Do they have palm trees, ice cooled sangria cocktails, 35 degrees in the shade and Spanish beauties there?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012 edited
    Shit. No, sorry. In my defense (or was it offense?), they have all that in Norway too, so it's not particularly as unique as Belgian cities with their beautiful weather, delicious food and excellent drinks. On top of that, we have Spaniards, Dutchies and Romanians too. And perhaps a Viking.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Ghent?
    Do they have palm trees, ice cooled sangria cocktails, 35 degrees in the shade and Spanish beauties there?

You and your crazy cocktails.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Hi all,

I got this e-mail (which I huess most of you will have gotten by now).

But in case you didn't, here it is again.

David Doncel wrote
    Hello to all of you,

It's been a while since I said goodbye to you personally in the seventh edition of the Film Music Festival "City of Ubeda". It was a festival that we will never forget. I was not just saying goodbye to you all, but to a cycle that had shaped my life both personal and professionally.

I will not deny to anyone that the end was precipitated by a poor connection with local government. It is difficult to convey to politicians that the commitment to culture is more an investment than an expense, and even more when that something is related to film music, something they might not even heard about. But also, if the politician has no interest in listening, it seems clear that there are only two roads, or to drop everything and ruin seven years of hard work, or to keep looking for more people interested in your project and keep fighting to maintain it more alive than ever.

As of September 2011 we started making contacts with other cities that received with open arms our most dear son, our Film Music Festival. We contacted only two cities, one of which was Cordoba. Once we visited the premises and moved around the two cities, it was clear that Cordoba was the city that would give pass to Ubeda.

The reasons were clear: inner city, world heritage, with many scenic areas to house concerts (Grand Theatre, Axerquia Theatre and the close C4) and places to hold workshops and talks very close to hotels and hostals that would host our attendees. And most importantly, a sense of closeness that would ensure that the "Spirit of Ubeda" was living with us all the days of the event. This was more than assured if were focusing the bulk of activities in the Jewish quarter. And it will be.

Having decided on the city, the organization received in the month of October a letter from the University of Cordoba where they undertook, along with other institutions (Council, Provincial, Regional Government and Cajasur) to make the Festival in the city of Cordoba at the end of June 2012.

The organization started work on the Festival program and in attracting guests to be present in the beautiful city of Cordoba during the summer months.

What has come from there is, unfortunately, is more like a soap opera dyed with mafia / political elements, rather than what should have been; to work quietly in the creation of two events that highlight their respective city headquarters. But some politicians seem to predispose to their partisan interests of the city they govern. But I am not saying anything new. These are not good times for rebellion (cultural).

That still today the City and County of Cordoba have their participation blocked as sponsors of the Film Music Festival and that there has been a considerable delay in announcing the event; the only plain and simple answer is that everything is due to a boycott by the Mayor of Ubeda as a personal interest in not being harmed politically because of the Festival leaving his city to another, something that he is solely responsible of.
    Not to mention that he confirmed its support to the realization of an event of high level as PlayFest, a project that he accepted from the Association in February, entangling even more the situation by confirm publicly that BSOSpirit Association had no place for the Festival, and therefore saw no excuse for the Film Music Festival to also be held in Ubeda.

Obviously, the latter was a clear and disgusting lie. Cordoba wanted us and confirmed to us, since October last year, the interest in hosting our renowned Film Music Festival.

Despite all these political movements, the pursuit of holding the Film Music Festival in the city of Cordoba, and the realization of PlayFest in Ubeda is something that is guaranteed. The Association has had many allies who have supported the Association and its activities. At the end, truth has only one way.

BSOSpirit want, first, thank you for your continuous support with this mail, and inform you of what happened, to announce, before we make it officially to the media, the Film Music Festival has new headquarters in Cordoba. We ask some discretion in this information until it is made public at a press conference on Friday May 4, at world heritage capital.

Second, the association wants to make you know its sincere apologies for not having announced already the new headquarters and guests. I understand the prejudice that could have caused you regarding your holiday's at work.
    We believe we have acted in the best possible way, but we also realize that we are not used to these areas of policy, so we may not have been treating the subject the best way possible. Hence our must sincere apologies.

From the official announcement, we will have one later week that will be filled with official announcements of the guests who will visit us in Cordoba (many of them confirmed their presence there in February, during our visits to California land), so do not be overwhelmed, guest list and scheduling is completely closed today.

Do not doubt that this year will be very large. We will have concerts of high quality, activities that already make the Festival in Ubeda great and also we will keep the spirit of brotherhood that made us a family, our Spirit of BSOSpirit.

A hug to everyone and see you in a few months.

David Doncel
    President Association BSOSpirit

Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2012
    More information over at Conrado's blog
    https://mundobso.wordpress.com/2012/05/ … n-cordoba/

And finally a website

One week of concerts and events is a lot!I hope that the festival is a success, even with the very late announcement. Cordoba is a great city and I want to return once. Perhaps next time.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2012 edited
    Guys, if you can make it it will definitely be worth it. I know that the organizers have more guests coming, and I am personally producing and coordinating one of the big concerts featuring big orchestra and choir: "The Best of Film Music 2011/2012".

It's going to be a very spectacular concert with a lot of music I doubt you will hear live anywhere else in your lifetime! Among the works to be performed are John Carter (Michael Giacchino), Captain America (Alan Silvestri), War Horse (John Williams), Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (Marco Beltrami) and The Awakening (Daniel Pemberton).... AND MUCH MORE stuff TBC...

mc
  2. moviescore wrote
    Guys, if you can make it it will definitely be worth it. I know that the organizers have more guests coming, and I am personally producing and coordinating one of the big concerts featuring big orchestra and choir: "The Best of Film Music 2011/2012".

It's going to be a very spectacular concert with a lot of music I doubt you will hear live anywhere else in your lifetime! Among the works to be performed are John Carter (Michael Giacchino), Captain America (Alan Silvestri), War Horse (John Williams), Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (Marco Beltrami) and The Awakening (Daniel Pemberton).... AND MUCH MORE stuff TBC...

mc

damn, that sounds incredibly awesome
    sadly, I'm not gonna be able to come this year sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2012 edited
    Bregt wrote
    More information over at Conrado's blog
    https://mundobso.wordpress.com/2012/05/ … n-cordoba/

And finally a website

One week of concerts and events is a lot!I hope that the festival is a success, even with the very late announcement. Cordoba is a great city and I want to return once. Perhaps next time.

Ha, ha.....check out the site. Mark Islam, who is that? Mark Isham's Muslim brother? smile

Thanks for the info, though. I would certainly have gone if I had the money, but Cordoba is not that much easier and cheaper to get to than Ubeda. Madrid and Malaga might have been doable (as there are direct, cheap flights there if you order early enough), but Cordoba I'll have to save for another year.

Tenerife is kinda hopeless in the price department too, unless you book one of those charter flights (but as the festival is in high tourist season, you're not likely to get cheap tickets there either).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    Ha, ha.....check out the site. Mark Islam, who is that? Mark Isham's Muslim brother? smile

biggrin

Thanks for the info, though. I would certainly have gone if I had the money, but Cordoba is not that much easier and cheaper to get to than Ubeda. Madrid and Malaga might have been doable (as there are direct, cheap flights there if you order early enough), but Cordoba I'll have to save for another year.

There are direct trains from Madrid and Seville!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote

There are direct trains from Madrid and Seville!

There's a 2-hour speed train from Madrid that costs a whopping $95, yes, but that's too expensive. Or a sightly cheaper one that takes about a million hours.

Also, there are no flights to Seville from Norway, at least no cheap ones.

A trip like this would have to be planned and bought at least 6 months in advance, I think.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. moviescore wrote
    mc

Captain America was performed last year in "Hollywood in Viena", a fantastic film music festival that takes place in Autumn. Alan Silvestri was there too.

Good luck with Cordoba Festival. Sadly, I cannot attend it this year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2012
    Thor wrote
    There's a 2-hour speed train from Madrid that costs a whopping $95, yes, but that's too expensive.

I took the high speed train from Madrid to Seville last year. Very expensive, yes. But very pleasant.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012 edited
    Sadly, the organizers weren't able to announce the festival earlier than they did for a lot of various reasons - I want to acknowledge that it's an amazing achievement that they are doing this festival AT ALL this year.

The concert I'm producing, "Best of Film Music 2011-2012", is really getting into shape. The following works are now confirmed and there is more to come:

• The Artist (Ludovic Bourse)
    • The Avengers (Alan Silvestri)
    • The Awakening (Daniel Pemberton)
    • Captain America: The First Avenger (Alan Silvestri)
    • Captain Thunder and the Holy Grail (Luis Ivars)
    • Conquest 1453 (Benjamin Wallfisch)
    • Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (Marco Beltrami)
    • Immortals (Trevor Morris)
    • Intruders (Roque Banos)
    • John Carter (Michael Giacchino)
    • Priest (Christopher Young)
    • A Royal Affair (Gabriel Yared/Cyrille Aufort)
    • Super 8 (Michael Giacchino)
    • War Horse (John Williams)

More to come!

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012 edited
    moviescore wrote

The concert I'm producing, "Best of Film Music 2011-2012", is really getting into shape. The following works are now confirmed and there is more to come:

• The Artist (Ludovic Bourse)
    • The Avengers (Alan Silvestri)
    • The Awakening (Daniel Pemberton)
    • Captain America: The First Avenger (Alan Silvestri)
    • Captain Thunder and the Holy Grail (Luis Ivars)
    • Conquest 1453 (Benjamin Wallfisch)
    Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (Marco Beltrami)
    • Immortals (Trevor Morris)
    Intruders (Roque Banos)
    • John Carter (Michael Giacchino)
    Priest (Christopher Young)
    • A Royal Affair (Gabriel Yared/Cyrille Aufort)
    Super 8 (Michael Giacchino)
    • War Horse (John Williams)

More to come!

mc

punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you