• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2007
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Rick wrote
    The complete Return of the King

The current printing has a failure on the DVD, wait for the second release.

Really? What kind of failure? (haven't listened to the DVD yet...). Is it bad, and does every DVD have it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2007
    This fault only manifests itself on the stereo Dolby Digital track. The PPCM DVD-Audio tracks are fine, as are the CDs.

There isn't much point in listening to the stereo Dolby Digital track on the DVD anyway: you might as well listen to the CDs!

Back on topic, no soundtracks or scores for Christmas but I did receive a package from SAE today with Images, North By Northwest and Alien Vs. Predator - Requiem.
  1. BobdH wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    - Blade Runner (5-DVD set)
    Hoping that there's some mention of the music in the commentaries/documentaries.

Hate to disappoint you, but there hardly is. It's the one thing they only touch upon with just a few sentences. It's discussed a bit, but not as much as everything else is; it's the biggest complaint about this, otherwise wonderful and very extensive, edition.

Thanks for the info. That'll save a bit of time hunting for anything specific on the music.

Slightly off-topic...I watched the "final cut" the other day and I really enjoyed it. The movie looked excellent and I'm interested to see how the original movie looked in comparison...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. My wife got me Lost in Space the 40th Anniversary set from La La land.
  3. Jim Ware wrote
    There isn't much point in listening to the stereo Dolby Digital track on the DVD anyway: you might as well listen to the CDs!

Well, if you don´t have an amplifier that supports the other track, you might still want to have the DVD stereo track intact to listen to the score from beginning to end without having to change discs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008
    This past Christmas, I got the soundtracks to Amazing Grace, Eragon, and Stargate. For this coming Christmas, I intend to ask for mostly iTunes gift cards, so I may then go nuts and get like twenty soundtracks all in the same day. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TheTelmarine wrote
    This past Christmas, I got the soundtracks to Amazing Grace, Eragon, and Stargate. For this coming Christmas, I intend to ask for mostly iTunes gift cards, so I may then go nuts and get like twenty soundtracks all in the same day. biggrin

Uhhhh? Great! You're bringing up some odd old posts here William?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

Yep. wink
  4. TheTelmarine wrote
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

Yep. wink

I think it has more to do with the fact that our buddy William here is at a mad spree trying to get the most posts around here, watch your back Demetris tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008 edited
    Never understood why the quantity of posts is important to some people? Surely it's the quality and reputation you build from those posts that's more important? It's madness.... MADNESS I TELL YE!
  5. Steven wrote
    Never understood why the quantity of posts is important to some people? Surely it's the quality and reputation you build from those posts that's more important? It's madness.... MADNESS I TELL YE!

It is Bregt's fault you hear me, he never should have installed that insanely entertaining "your competitor's" list in the community section biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nah, It's Steven's fault. Like those grumpy old men who see fancy new jaguars passing by and insist that they're nothing special; their 30 year old suzukis are better tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nah, It's Steven's fault. Like those grumpy old men who see fancy new jaguars passing by and insist that they're nothing special; their 30 year old suzukis are better tongue

Right, cause that makes sense! tongue

Posts that consistently consist of "LOL" is not something that should really count as a post. More like an MSN reply. sleep
  6. Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Right, cause that makes sense! tongue

Posts that consistently consist of "LOL" is not something that should really count as a post. More like an MSN reply. sleep

LOL tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It does, if you think about it a bit better wink

Seriously speaking, i am with Steven on this one. Just like to tease him that is kiss
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    It does, if you think about it a bit better wink

Seriously speaking, i am with Steven on this one. Just like to tease him that is kiss

sorry, but I couldn't help myself on this little occassion wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, although i am seriously thinking about discussing with Bregt whether replying with a "LOL" or anything that would imply that you liked it and you laughed your ass off everytime someone posts a LOLCAT, would actually be obligatory and a cause for a lifetime ban from maintitles.net if you act otherwise.
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, although i am seriously thinking about discussing with Bregt whether replying with a "LOL" or anything that would imply that you liked it and you laughed your ass off everytime someone posts a LOLCAT, would actually be obligatory and a cause for a lifetime ban from maintitles.net if you act otherwise.

lifetime ban?
    you don't even get that when you run over someone, get him/her killed in the process and flee away, this is Belgium you hear me? THe biggest retarted country in the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

Yep. wink

I think it has more to do with the fact that our buddy William here is at a mad spree trying to get the most posts around here, watch your back Demetris tongue

Ha! biggrin Well, if I do say so myself, over 750 posts in less than two months is quite an accomplishment (at least for me)! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    It is Bregt's fault you hear me, he never should have installed that insanely entertaining "your competitor's" list in the community section biggrin

That's probably true! tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    ...replying with a "LOL" or anything that would imply that you liked it and you laughed your ass off everytime someone posts a LOLCAT...

I don't do that (usually). wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Speaking of which, has anyone ever actually been banned from MainTitles?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    TheTelmarine wrote

I was once.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

I was once.

Are you pulling my leg, Steven, or are you serious? confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Steven wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

I was once.

There we a few individuals banned from the previous board ( ScoreReviews ) but no one has ben banned from this one as far as I know?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Steven wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

I was once.

There we a few individuals banned from the previous board ( ScoreReviews ) but no one has ben banned from this one as far as I know?

Ah, OK. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Steven wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

I was once.

Ah, ok. wink

There's always a first time though, specially for people who bring up a "Christmas" thread six Months in advance tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Steven wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

I was once.

Ah, ok. wink

There's always a first time though, specially for people who bring up a "Christmas" thread six Months in advance tongue

Well, you're being really nice this morning... sad wink tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Steven wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

I was once.

Ah, ok. wink

Well, you're being really friendly this morning... sad wink tongue

I'm a big pussycat, ask anyone 'round here!? cat cool