• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. justin boggan wrote
    It must be that "No sale to FalkirkBairn" order we secretly sent out. ;-)

If that's the case then it has been efficiently done!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2012
    cheesy
    listen to more classical music!
  2. We only strive for the best. ;-)

We're #1 (in not selling to FalkirkBairn)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Well your not selling to me because until Alan approves it. I'm waiting. I've yet to read your review.
    Tom
  3. Hey, the review is out of my hands, blame Bregt or whomsever posts it. tongue

Alternatively, I think AintItCool reviewed it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Will do today Justin. Busy weeks.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    will look forward to it
  4. Good -- there's time to correct the two errors I made, when going over the review yesterday. ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ok, then I'll wait for that.
    Kazoo
  5. Does the book have much to say about the Corigliano case that was only just resolved today? smile
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  6. No, the book stops in 2008, with this rejected score being in 2009.

But from what I've read from multiple sources, it was simply a case of studio tampering. They wanted the movie to be more action-oriented, so they re-cut it, and shots some new scenes, and even though Corigliano's score didn't really fit anymore, they still wanted something new for the new vision of the film.

The original un-cut film is supposedly to be superior.
  7. justin boggan wrote
    Not sure what's up, but you can always try ordering straight from the publisher:

http://www.silmanjamespress.com/shop/pc … oduct=3480

Let's see if this progresses any better...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. Hark -- I do seeth a revieweth!

http://www.maintitles.net/features/
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2012
    punk

Spread the link people!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2012
    Really enjoyed your review, Justin. Good summary and insights!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  9. Yes, good review Justin. I successfully ordered a copy from the publisher and the order has yet to be rejected. Looking forward to reading it even more now.
  10. Thanks everybody.

I'd like to compliment Southall's review site, movie-wave.net. Read half a dozen there, including "Frankie Starlight".
  11. Bregt,

On the home page, The name of the book review, "Torn Music: Rejected Film Scores", doesn't link to the review, but some Zimmer article.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2012
    Ow, that's probably mixed up with the old article. Sorry, is fixed now!
    Kazoo
  12. At last, my copy of Gergely Hubai's book "Torn Music: Rejected Film Scores (A Selected History)" has arrived and my initial impressions are very good indeed. It seems as this is going to be a good source of information as well as interest. I like the mix of familiar and unfamiliar in terms of film titles where scores were replaced and there's a good smattering of quotations from those involved with the various projects. This makes it more than just an essay by the book's author.

Things could have been a lot worse though! As well as the problems of actually being able to order a copy of the book, when it did arrive this morning the package was enclosed in a Royal Mail plastic bag labelled "Our Sincere Apologies". And it went on, "...I am sorry that the enclosed item...has been damaged whilst in our care..." And, on examining the original packaging I could see that down one side there was the unmistakeable signs of water damage to the package. Shit!

Although the outer packaging was a waxed cardboard US Postal Service Priority Mail packet, upon opening this I could see that the dampness had penetrated this outer layer and that the paper wrapping the book was damp too. Shit! Luckily though, Silman-james Press had taken the precaution of wrapping the book in 6 layers of paper. This, together with the fact that the dampness had occurred on the side of the parcel where the spine of the book was and that the book's cover was plastic-coated meant that, although the some dampness had penetrated to the book, there was actually no water damage to the book itself. Result!

Also, looking through the impressive list of acknowledged individuals it's nice to see the names of Justin Boggan and Joep de Bruijn mentioned!