• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2012
    It has been argued by some that his Rhapsody in Blue was the finest composition written in the 20th Century. Having said that I've just been sent a recording of American in Paris that is truly breathtaking. I'm so taken with it I must do a review. The engineering reminds me of the older Telarc recordings except the orchestra in this case on this recording is better. I've never heard such vivid brass.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Extremely arguable Tom, we could both name a multitude of works just as or more deserving, sounds to me like the critics suggesting that are American wink

I'll not argue that it's true that he is indeed one of the great and influential composers of the 20th century.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    To be honest I couldn't decide which of those is my favourite, I love both! Obviously the American in Paris is different as there is the great film with Gene Kelly and Leslie Caron, great dancers..... Gene Kelly - my hero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've also considered The Rite of Spring and The Planets.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!