• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2007 edited
    Wow Dude...I was looking the schedule for thus summer movies an Im shocked....

How Xfiles 2 or DragonBall will be realeased if they are starting to shoot right now? this guys will have to make the postproduction very quickly!

And what About Iron Man Vs Hulk 2 vs The Dark Knigh vs Hellboy 2? Or Indy 4 vs The Mummy 3??? Kung fu panda vs Wall-E? Narnia 2 vs Speed Racer?

A highly anticipated summer with all our favourites composers working!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2007
    Iron Man will suck balls.
    Hulk 2 will suck more balls.
    The Mummy 3 can't even suck balls anymore because the above two have sucked all balls.

Of that list, I'm only looking forward to Wall-E and perhaps The Dark Knight.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote

The Mummy 3 can't even suck balls anymore because the above two have sucked all balls.

No Indy 4, Bregt?

And The Mummy Returns sucked balls... however, the first Mummy was a fun romp with a wonderful sense of humor and some GREAT action sequences. And let's not forget Goldsmith's score and brilliant love theme! I'll see the third one just for shits and giggles.

I'm actually really looking forward to the second Hellboy since the first one really surprised me. And I enjoyed The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe so I'm looking forward to Prince Caspian. Don't remember to much from the book.

Love the new Wall-E trailer and I like the premise.

I really enjoyed the first X-Files film and am anticipating the return of Mulder and Scully.

Oh... Speed Racer will suck balls
    Kung Fu Panda will suck balls

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Erik Woods wrote
    Bregt wrote

No Indy 4, Bregt?

Not really. I've never been into these movies. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Bregt wrote

No Indy 4, Bregt?

Not really. I've never been into these movies. smile

Boooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Not sure who I'm disappointed in more now. You for not being into Indiana Jones or for Steven's lack of Christmas spirit.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I don't like Christmas either very much. hough I went Christmas shopping in aris, which eventually only lead to drinking some wine and lots of sightseeing, instead of presents.

Easy to choose now? wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2007 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Bregt wrote

And The Mummy Returns sucked balls... however, the first Mummy was a fun romp with a wonderful sense of humor and some GREAT action sequences. And let's not forget Goldsmith's score and brilliant love theme! I'll see the third one just for shits and giggles.

-Erik-

Yeap! the first one it`s a very good popcorn movie, and Goldsmith score works wonders in the movie. The Mummy returns, was of the first movies where i said "stop" in the middle of the movie because so many action was damaging my head (now this situation it's too often).

I hope with a new director the movie will return to his origins, a more traditional indiana Jones rip Off.

About the other realeases Im really expecting what they will do with DragonBall....I'm really, really ansious! I guess Emmy ROssum will be Vulma!

And of course...X-files 2!!! Now without Rob "what im doing here?" Bowman behind the cameras. I hope they will do a movie with a totaly new plot, because I don't remember where the thing ended in the show.

the only movies about im not interested are Kung Fu Panda (but i think it will rock the hit parade) and SPeed Racer.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2007
    Erik Woods wrote

Oh... Speed Racer will suck balls

Save for Giacchino's score, that is.

Jordi, the X-Files ended with the Lone Gunmen dead and Mulder and Scully were on the run. The sequel will be in the style of the standalone episodes, and Mulder and Scully will be back at the FBI (judging by some of the set photos during filming). With the show's creator at the helm as director and co-writer for X-Files 2, it should be a fun ride.

I'm a bit iffy about Iron Man, the cast and director are promising but the first trailer really didn't do anything for me. And the fact that Ramin Djawadi is scoring the film just doesn't give me confidence in the score either.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    I went Christmas shopping in (P)aris, which eventually only lead to drinking some wine and lots of sightseeing, instead of presents.

Looks like you've got your priorities right! biggrin
    I'm looking well forward to Hulk 2 (as I may be the only person in the world who enjoyed the first one quite a lot. But perhaps having grown up with the Marvel comics, I appreciated to what lengths the director and script writers went to incorporate some elements). And I'm a huge fan of the Hellboy franchise (Mike Mignola's graphic novcels have been beguiling me for years) so I'm really looking forward to that too!

And Indy...well he needs (and has) his separate thread, obviously.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2007 edited
    Well, every year has just a few movies to really look out for, and a lot of minor ones. But with Indy 4, Wall-E, Cloverfield and The Dark Knight, this year'll rock! Stuff like The Mummy 3, Hellboy 2, Narnia 2 and Iron Man are just there to give us a possible interesting score in between. And lets not think this'll be all; it's just a selection from the Big Blockbusters, but we will also get the new Sam Mendes, the new Coen brothers and the new Gus van Sant! (in Holland, that is wink)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Im a little bit scared about Cloverfield, I love JJ Abrams, and Im sure he will surprise us, but until now it seems War of the worlds meets blairwitch project meets 28 days.

You can't forget John Rambo, wich the trailer looks fuc_ing damn cool, the typical 80's movie without any sign of treat.

2 powells are coming in frebraruay and march!
  1. Yeah, 2008 has a fantastic line-up. Lots of them will suck, no doubt, but I am totally prepared to have lots of fun with all of them. Until Star Trek enters the scene and makes them run for their lives...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Nautilus wrote
    You can't forget John Rambo

John Rambo? Whats that? Isn't it that neglectible byproduct of an awesome Brian Tyler score?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Until Star Trek enters the scene and makes them run for their lives...

Kling on to your faith... biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    It´s all I´ve left regarding to Trek. But I´ve got a feeling this will turn out totally different than everybody seems to expect...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I've seen the cast in Empire magazine... It's The OC / Beverly Hills 90210 meets a sanitized version of Red Dwarf.
    I'm not optimistic.
  2. We´ll see. Faith manages (to quote the writer and producer of another favourite SF series of mine).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Nautilus wrote

Frebraruay? Now THAT'S a typo! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think it's a country in Latin America, isn't it? Just south of Uruguay?
  3. Nautilus wrote
    Im a little bit scared about Cloverfield, I love JJ Abrams, and Im sure he will surprise us, but until now it seems War of the worlds meets blairwitch project meets 28 days.

You can't forget John Rambo, wich the trailer looks fuc_ing damn cool, the typical 80's movie without any sign of treat.

Common, Cloverfield looks superb, everything is shot by hand, the camera and flow of this movie just wanna make you believe your part of the action. At least for visual and feel, Cloverfield looks to be stunning
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2009 edited
    Well....there is not any Summer of 2009 thread!!!!!!

The Summer is over. What scores has been your favourites? Do you think it was a dissapointment summer for scores???

I guess everyone here could say the best summer score is for the less summer movie : drag me to hell.

about the other realeases, I think all of them has something good but overall they fail (Star trek Good theme, disjointed cues for example). Probably "Angels and Demons" is the best pure summer score realease.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009 edited
    Eoooooooooooooooooooooo?????? Do I have to create a Summer 2009 own trhread?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009
    Nautilus wrote

How about just renaming it to "This Summer's Film Music" or something? That way, it can be used over and over again.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Good idea smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote

Wouldn't it be easy to just change the title to Summer 2009? Then change it again next year etc.

Or even easier just follow Thor's idea!? cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    The Summer is over.

No it's not. Fall doesn't begin until September 22nd.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  5. Hmmm... Public Enemies was short, but still more interesting than most things for me.
    Of the Giacchino's, I'm likely to go back to Up more than any of the others.
    Cheri technically came out in the summer! wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Home (Amar) and Battlestar Galactica Season 4 (Bear McCreary)
    Kazoo
  6. Well when you put it that way....!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am