• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. SILVA SCREEN RECORDS PRESENTS
    THE WICKER TREE OST
    JOHN SCOTT/THE RPO/KEITH EASDALE

A 2CD set featuring the original Wicker Tree soundtrack - the score by John Scott and Keith Easdale’s songs from the film

Music is a high point in the film - mingling folk songs, Christian hymn and country music
    - Terry Mulcahy, Film4.com

Described by Cyberpresse as an “unusual blend of comedy, musical, thriller and horror” and on Twitter as “The Empire Strikes Back to The Wicker Man’s Star Wars”, the Robin Hardy 2010 update to The Wicker Man is the second part of The Wicker Man trilogy.

John Scott’s career spans over sixty years. As an arranger and conductor his work appears on many classic 1960s hits, not least playing flute on The Beatles’ You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away and lead sax on Goldfinger. His film and TV composing career extends to over 140 titles (Greystoke: The Legend Of Tarzan, Lord Of The Apes, The Cousteau Odyssey).

Traditional Scottish artist and composer, Keith Easdale, provides songs that propel the story. He was present throughout the production to supervise the music which has been described as the spine of the film.

Disc 1
    Score By John Scott
    1. Sacrificial Dance
    2. Promises
    3. Bonnie Scotland
    4. Evangelists
    5. Interesting
    6. Drive To The Inn
    7. May Queen’s Dress
    8. The Raven
    9. Minerva Of The River
    10. Lost Ring
    11. Lolly In Love
    12. Beth And Steve
    13. Son Of A Bitch Cowboy
    14. Butler And Cat
    15. Donkey
    16. Morning Of The Sacrifice
    17. Ancestral Portrait
    18. Hunt The Laddie
    19. Preparing The May Queen
    20. Arrival At The Castle
    21. The Laddie’s Throne
    22. The Sacrifice
    23. Beth Escapes
    24. Death Of Lachlan
    25. Wicker Tree Burns
    26. Take Me To Heaven
    27. End Credits
    28. Follow Me

Disc 2
    Songs By Keith Easdale

1. The Wicker Tree Song
    2. I Know Where I’m Going
    3. The Magnificat
    4. The Canticle
    5. Trailer Trash Love
    6. The Braes Of Balquhidder
    7. The Fruity Song
    8. Power In The Blood
    9. Time’s Passing Frame
    10. The Wicker Tree Song

DIGITAL ALBUM: SILED1374
    RELEASE DATE: July 10th, 2012

For more information about these recordings visit http://www.silvascreenusa.com or cinemediapromo@yahoo.com or @cinemediapromo on Twitter
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2012
    I'm very interested in this score, anyone here have any impressions of it yet? I'm not interested in the film which I've heard ( multiple times ) is awful.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. None yet. Hoping to see if finances allow and clips compel me to examine further!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. SAE for clips.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorJoshL
    I'm pretty curious about this as well. The original kicked off a life-long love of Scottish folk music, so I think it'd be hard to listen to this score without comparing to the original. And, of course, Christopher Lee singing (I read he has a cameo in the new film, but not enough time for a song, which is always a shame)

And the film, well, it can't be worse than the Nicholas Cage remake....right? (actually, I do enjoy that, in that special way that one enjoys a really, really, really bad movie)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    JoshL wrote
    I'm pretty curious about this as well. The original kicked off a life-long love of Scottish folk music, so I think it'd be hard to listen to this score without comparing to the original. And, of course, Christopher Lee singing (I read he has a cameo in the new film, but not enough time for a song, which is always a shame)

And the film, well, it can't be worse than the Nicholas Cage remake....right? (actually, I do enjoy that, in that special way that one enjoys a really, really, really bad movie)

I must admit that hearing about it being so bad there's a part of me that would like to see it. I consider the original a classic.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt