• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thanks to a screen gra over at FSM, later episode credits have the theme composer credited:

Stanley Wilson
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2012
    justin boggan wrote
    Thanks to a screen gra over at FSM, later episode credits have the theme composer credited:

Stanley Wilson

Yeah, and it also confirmed Williams' involvement on at least one episode ("Woman of Arles").
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2013
    http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/soundtr … cheers-etc
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Navstevnici (Czech title)
    Die Besucher (Germany West title)
    Expedition Adam 84 (Germany East title)

"The Visitors" were a tv series co-produced by Szechosolvacia and both German states in the early 80ies. It was a scifi show for children that took advantage of the science fiction hype of that time. The score was done by the then well known composer Karel Svoboda. This score was one of the first to draw my intense attantion. I taped the title melody from the tv speakers as I did with many melodies back then. Little did I know that an LP of the score had actually been released. Later I never expected that score to be released on CD.
    Out of the blue the score got a national release in the Szech Republic in 2004. I discovered it by pure chance while google-ing the original name of the show. It was just impossible to order that CD from Germany. No English or German speaking vendor to be found there, no German vendor would sell it. It was so frustrating. But an onkle of mine would know sombody who knew somebody with business connections to the Szech Republic and I finally eneded up with the CD in my hand. What a marvel! I made a copy of that CD the first day and never touched the original one again. biggrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuW78NcAKWo

And of course there is Christian Bruhn's title theme frome the German score of the Japanese scifi anime

CAPTAIN FUTURE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcjhpETolG0

Cheers!
    Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2013 edited
    Good story, Captain, about Die Besucher.
    It echoes my own experiences with some very hard-to-find themes (except that even if I managed to get them all, none of them were available on CD so I had to take refuge to LP rips).

These were a suite to Elizabeth R. (a 1971 BBC production. The main theme proper -by Richard Harvey, I wasn't at all surprised to learn- was easily available, but there was a short suite released that was far better), the odd theme to Rockliff's Babies (I think it's the estranging children's song/nursery rhyme that got me) and the theme to the spy thriller series Skorpion. Aside from the excellent theme, I know exactly why this stuck with me through the decades. The title theme had a close-up of a Skorpion machine pistol with a tarantula crawling all over it. Brrrr freezing )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Martijn wrote
    It echoes my own experiences with some very hard-to-find themes (except that even if I managed to get them all, none of them were available on CD so I had to take refuge to LP rips).

These were a suite to Elizabeth R. (a 1971 BBC production. The main theme proper -by Richard Harvey, I wasn't at all surprised to learn- was easily available, but there was a short suite released that was far better), the odd theme to Rockliff's Babies (I think it's the estranging children's song/nursery rhyme that got me) and the theme to the spy thriller series Skorpion. Aside from the excellent theme, I know exactly why this stuck with me through the decades. The title theme had a close-up of a Skorpion machine pistol with a tarantula crawling all over it. Brrrr freezing )

I love that music from "Elizabeth R."! It reminds me of "Anne of the 1000 Days" by Georges Delerue that I hope will get a release on CD someday. I own a re-recording of the theme.
    And "Scorpion": You just got to love these old tv tunes, like John Barry's "The Perswaders".
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The best television theme is Hawaii Five-O. The sheer impact of what Stevens was able to do in 50 seconds was incredible. The visual isn't bad either.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  4. Making these short tv-themes is an art in itself. For instance I always loved Lalo Schifrin's "Medical Center". It's 37 seconds in duration, but what a statement! Never saw the series, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM7yge_tmQM
  5. Martijn wrote
    These were a suite to Elizabeth R. (a 1971 BBC production. The main theme proper -by Richard Harvey, I wasn't at all surprised to learn- was easily available, but there was a short suite released that was far better)...

Martijn, is the suite you mention this:

http://youtu.be/sxFvM5stEW0
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    The best television theme is Hawaii Five-O. The sheer impact of what Stevens was able to do in 50 seconds was incredible. The visual isn't bad either.
    Tom

I always found the excitement of that theme plus visuals set up a show that always failed to match it's opening.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2013 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    Martijn wrote

I love that music from "Elizabeth R."! It reminds me of "Anne of the 1000 Days" by Georges Delerue that I hope will get a release on CD someday. I own a re-recording of the theme.
    And "Scorpion": You just got to love these old tv tunes, like John Barry's "The Perswaders".

Yes it does remind of Anne of The Thousand Days, love it. Elizabeth R was a superb series and came shortly after the also excellent Six Wives of Henry VIII.

Is there no video for Skorpion? I wanna see the spider slant

The Persuaders is without a doubt one of the greatest TV themes ever written, there's a touch of genius about it.

Another one of my favourite John Barry TV themes... ORSON WELLES GREAT MYSTERIES
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Tom

I always found the excitement of that theme plus visuals set up a show that always failed to match it's opening.

Got that right Tim
    listen to more classical music!
  6. I've got a question that may stump most but I am hoping the "veterans" may be able to help.

There was a ITV children's programme from the mid-sixties to the eighties called How!, starring (amongst others) Fred Dinage. Does anyone know who composed the theme used in the show?

http://youtu.be/v4afjWwb5vQ
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2014
    I wish I could help but I don't know. ( great and pretty creepy theme tune, I always watched HOW as a kid )

I found THIS which also has the theme tune to listen to but still no info.

Is there a particularly reason for needing to know?
  7. I've been trawling YouTube, getting old and favourite TV themes for my iPod. Being me I want it tagged correctly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2014
    Heard the theme from the Fargo series yet? It's quite good and very burwellian. Oh, and if anyone gets a chance to see the series, I recommend it very highly-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri6z2xEzhE4

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, it is good. Martin Freeman is brilliant in it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Agreed. I also think that Billy Bob Thornton, Allison Tolman and Bob Odenkirk are fantastic. Rare to get a series where the entire main cast excels like that.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Heard great things about it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bear in mind it has nothing to do with Lost.