• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Martijn wrote
    No, it's about 94 centimeters (or approximately 3.046e-17 parsec).

biggrin
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008
    I'm sticking with the logic that Baby Jesus was just a normal baby... whereas the T-800 is obviously real! biggrin

Indy, Bond or Kirk you say? Ooh, that's a toughy. I'd still go with Indy, cause he mah main man.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    No contest. Terminator.

...but you know who would kick Terminator's ass? Indy, that's who. Nobody can win against Indy.

I'm not so sure about Terminate v Baby Jesus? Baby Jesus head would vibrate and killer beams would come out of his eyes incinerating Terminator.

As for Indy, well, if you stuck Indy, James Bond and Captain Kirk all in one room who would be the last man standing?

I thought about this for a while and I'd have to go with Bond, he's a dirtier fighter than the other two.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    My brain says Bond, my heart says Indy. Indy gets out of scrapes by accident, whereas Bond plans it all from the beginning... but then he wouldn't be able to plan the luck that Indy encounters, so I dunno? Ponder on this some more I will, a great disturbance in the force I feel.

(Yoda would whoop all their asses.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    My brain says Bond, my heart says Indy. Indy gets out of scrapes by accident, whereas Bond plans it all from the beginning... but then he wouldn't be able to plan the luck that Indy encounters, so I dunno? Ponder on this some more I will, a great disturbance in the force I feel.

(Yoda would whoop all their asses.)

In a fight Bond thinks on his feet. All three characters are resourceful though.

Godzilla would flatten Yoda.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Steven wrote
    I'm sticking with the logic that Baby Jesus was just a normal baby... whereas the T-800 is obviously real! biggrin

Indy, Bond or Kirk you say? Ooh, that's a toughy. I'd still go with Indy, cause he mah main man.

Chuck Norris
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Steven wrote

Chuck Norris

Now you've done it! That's not fair, Chuck Norris can defeat everything in all existence and all multi-universes.

So, please Pawel, keep this thread realistic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah! Some of us live in the real world. rolleyes

Anyway, getting back to the Terminator. I think Bond would be able to defeat him easily since Bond always manages to outwit technology.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Yeah! Some of us live in the real world. rolleyes

Anyway, getting back to the Terminator. I think Bond would be able to defeat him easily since Bond always manages to outwit technology.

I think all three would find a way to defeat Terminator, Indy through luck and guile, Bond through cunning and Kirk because he's a master strategist.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008
    Which celebrities have you bumped into by accident ( not literally ).

I'm just playing John Barry's Chaplin and it reminded me that 3 years ago I saw Sir Richard Attenborough walking along Las Ramblas in Barcelona. Looking very dapper too. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I was at the Sitges Film Festival a few years ago and before the premiere of Hostel we dropped by the guests hotel. And there they were: Eli Roth and Quentin Tarantino (drunk, very drunk). He managed to recover somehow, as an hour later he gave a quite fun speech before the film.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    I was at the Sitges Film Festival a few years ago and before the premiere of Hostel we dropped by the guests hotel. And there they were: Eli Roth and Quentin Tarantino (drunk, very drunk). He managed to recover somehow, as an hour later he gave a quite fun speech before the film.

Haha biggrin Good one Marcel.

Reminds me that I saw exceptionally gifted violinist Nigel Kennedy very drunk and very stoned! dizzy silly
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Saw Noel Freakin' Edmonds (aka Mr. Deal Or No Deal) when driving back from London once. I just looked to my right while on the motorway and there he was in his car...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Saw Noel Freakin' Edmonds (aka Mr. Deal Or No Deal) when driving back from London once. I just looked to my right while on the motorway and there he was in his car...

biggrin

Deal or No Deal is filmed here in Bristol, ain't seen him about though....*phew* wink

Any more folks? This is fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I'm so surprised you immediately recognize celebs, especially in a different and unexpected environment.

I (apparently!) once saw a Dutch celeb somewhere in town and all I said to the people who I was with was 'Hey, that guy looked a bit like ...'. And they said 'Duh, that was ... '
    rolleyes

Honestly, I thought he didn't look that much like him, only a little bit!

Also I had to look three times to recognize David Arnold on stage at the WSA last year, even though I knew he would be there and I had seen him three years earlier as well.
    confused

Speaking of confusing unexpected environments... I once almost said 'hi' in the supermarket to a familiar face, you know, to someone you know you know, but you don't remember immediately from where, probably school or neighbourhood, but then 5 minutes later I realised I knew her from some TV show.

I don't think I've bumped into international celebs?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Also at the Sitges Film Festival, in the 2001 edition, I met Guillermo del Toro. This was the conversation:

Marcel: "Hey Guillermo, when are you going to direct H.P. Lovecraft´s At the Mountains of Madness?"

Del Toro: "Hmmm....do you have 50 million dollars?"

Marcel: "No, I don´t".

Del Toro: "Then make youself comfortable, because you´ll have to wait".

Laughs everybody.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pfff.....celebs. They literally annoy me, well most of them - there are few, good exceptions. And i find that the general rule is that most of the HUGELY POSITIVE idea you had on someone before you met them, is automatically ruined down to the ground when you DO finally meed them, your idol(s), due to various reasons i am sure you all are aware of.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Pfff.....celebs. They literally annoy me, well most of them - there are few, good exceptions. And i find that the general rule is that most of the HUGELY POSITIVE idea you had on someone before you met them, is automatically ruined down to the ground when you DO finally meed them, your idol(s), due to various reasons i am sure you all are aware of.

Like em or not is not the point. Who've you "bumped" into wink
  3. Anne and I bumped into Jonathan Ross once when we were in London.

We were just minding our own business, and from a restaurant/diner we were passing out comes about 5-6 children with Ross trailing them. He was keen to know what all the kids wanted to do next.

By the time it sunk in that it was Jonathan Ross we were past them...

Came across Leonard Nimoy in Manchester a few years back. He was doing a book signing in Waterstones and I was just passing time, wandering round town (but not scouting for celebs). I had a few hours to spare and so just joined the cue, picked up a copy of the book he would be signing and had a few seconds chat with him. Does that count?

Unfortunately, recently I had to throw out the signed book as it was quite badly water-damaged. sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008 edited
    Flippin' eck Alan.......You met SPOCK!? shocked cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008 edited
    Not to sound cocky, but I bump into celebrities every day...since I work in a TV production company. They're all there, in the cantina, for example. However, they are only NORWEGIAN celebrities that none of you have heard of.

International celebs, not so many. I was at a party with South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Park a couple of years ago. Cool guys. And I passed Andre Previn on my way back from work seven years ago (yikes, has it been that long?!):

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=1
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008
    I used to see Brit actor Paul McGann ( The Monocled Mutineer, Withnail & I, Alien 3, tons and tons of TV productions plus a one off stint as Doctor Who ) about all the time, he used to live just around the corner from me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    To this day I'm convinced I saw the Chuckle Brothers driving a white van through Longbridge when I was about 7. Probably wasn't them.

sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The most famous person I've ever met is Arnold Schwarzenegger ( I guess you don't get much more famous than that!?....unless any of you met Princess Di or sumpin? ), I met him way back in 1980, shook his hand and even had a little chat. He wasn't very well known to the world back then.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008 edited
    LSH wrote
    To this day I'm convinced I saw the Chuckle Brothers driving a white van through Longbridge when I was about 7. Probably wasn't them.

sad

"From me to you to you to me".... dizzy

Lee, y' killed me. LOL biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    The most famous person I've ever met is Arnold Schwarzenegger ( I guess you don't get much more famous than that!?....unless any of you met Princess Di or sumpin? ), I met him way back in 1980, shook his hand and even had a little chat. He wasn't very well known to the world back then.

He's not as big as Incredible Hulk star Lou Ferrigno who I met at a memorabilia show at Birmingham's NEC, Louie is MASSIVE! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Sounds like the kind of guy you'd need to have on your side if you were walking through Birmingham.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008 edited
    Yeah, i'd take Timmer for that too though; i've seen some worrying * photos heh

* for anyone to happen to be opposing him that is.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, i'd take Timmer for that too though; i've seen some worrying * photos heh

* for anyone to happen to be opposing him that is.

See whatcha did!? I'm scared of myself now! sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2008
    What the $&#% possesses a 7 year old to do this!?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p … 649876.stm