• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2012
    NP : STAR WARS EPISODE I : THE PHANTOM MENACE - John Williams

The 4th best Star Wars score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Thor wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    It's make you buy the special edition to get the best tracks of the score! I don't know!

Most die hards are going to buy the special edition and they're going to love it! I'm glad to have heard the special edition because it exposes the major weaknesses of the score! Like the other complete edition LOTR releases The Hobbit doesn't hold to together very well in complete form on CD. Only the truly GREAT scores do, IMO!

-Erik-

For me, none-to-very-few scores hold in their complete forms; i wasn't - and never will be - fan of those releases.

:thor: <-- viking cheering!

This an important day. Finally we all agree with you. It took Howard shore as an album producer to achieve it. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    franz_conrad wrote
    Thor wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    It's make you buy the special edition to get the best tracks of the score! I don't know!

Most die hards are going to buy the special edition and they're going to love it! I'm glad to have heard the special edition because it exposes the major weaknesses of the score! Like the other complete edition LOTR releases The Hobbit doesn't hold to together very well in complete form on CD. Only the truly GREAT scores do, IMO!

-Erik-

For me, none-to-very-few scores hold in their complete forms; i wasn't - and never will be - fan of those releases.

For Odin! <-- viking cheering!

This an important day. Finally we all agree with you. It took Howard shore as an album producer to achieve it. wink

I know. Ironic, isn't it? Thankfully, these "cop-out" producer roles (as I call them) with the composer involved are few and far between. I believe Giacchino subscribes to a C&C ideology too, if he can.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2012 edited
    Whoa, wait a minute. I don't agree with Thor. I'm glad to have the special edition, actually. What it does is help me with the evaluation of the score. Like I said it exposes some of the weaknesses of the score something we probably wouldn't have known with a tighter highlights package of 50-60 minutes.

Plus, I can now make MY own shorter version of the score featuring the tracks I want to hear including those excellent bonus tracks which I wouldn't have heard of if I didn't have the special edition.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. It's funny that most if not all the 'bonus tracks' are among the highlights of the entire score.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Whoa, wait a minute. I don't agree with Thor. I'm glad to have the special edition, actually. What it does is help me with the evaluation of the score. Like I said it exposes some of the weaknesses of the score something we probably wouldn't have known with a tighter highlights package of 50-60 minutes.

Plus, I can now make MY own shorter version of the score featuring the tracks I want to hear including those excellent bonus track which I wouldn't have heard of if I didn't have the special edition.

-Erik-

Indeed. Because the point of an album is to expose the weaknesses of a score. Only someone who didn't have to pay for album could say that. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Low blow! But I forgive you.

Anyway, like I've said many times before I can now MAKE MY OWN SHORTER ALBUM, which I've done for many albums that I actual purchased myself. And if I didn't have the special edition I wouldn't have those fantastic bonus cues to add to the mix.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Like you could ever admit of agreeing with Thor wink I don't wanna make my own friggin' album (somebody else's job) like i don't want to go to the cinema, be handed a 12-hour unedited version of all the takes and go home and make my own goddamn movie!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    (nobody yet?)
  5. Have been listening to "Henry V" by Patrick Doyle. His first one is still one of his best. Outstanding!

So. Then I decided to finally listen to "The Hobbit" on RollingStone.com .

There has been some bashing around here, on Filmtracks, FSM and wherenot. I almost thought, that Star-Wars-Prequel-whiny-suck-your-thumb-business was going to start all over again in a new guise.

Well, I thuroughly enjoyed the score. It's not terrebly original but I don't expect that from a score that belongs to a musical universe that is already well established. But the extensions, variations and additions are great and the whole thing is very well performed.

So, my opinion isn't better or more importand than anyone else's, but I do like the score. One of the year's scores for sure.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The new main theme is quite infectious don't you think? As for the over-exposure and rants don't pay attention my friend; such scores often arouse the global fanboys to extremes smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Captain Future wrote
    Have been listening to "Henry V" by Patrick Doyle. His first one is still one of his best. Outstanding!

Yes!

Captain Future wrote
    So. Then I decided to finally listen to "The Hobbit" on RollingStone.com .

*snip*

So, my opinion isn't better or more importand than anyone else's, but I do like the score. One of the year's scores for sure.

It is one of the year's scores... just like the hundreds of scores written this year as well. biggrin wink tongue

-Erik-
  6. Come on Erik, sort out your quotation boxes! biggrin wink tongue
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. And I seem to have f*cked up the format! sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ERIKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!
  8. Or has Erik's quotation box faux pas?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Fucking site hung up on me. I was trying to fix the quote and it just wouldn't load! angry All better now!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

STEVE, STEVE, STEVE!

-Erik-
  9. Erik Woods wrote

It is one of the year's scores... just like the hundreds of scores written this year as well. biggrin wink tongue

-Erik-

*grumblthatlittlesmartarseagaingrumblearrrgh* wave

It is most certainly one of the most satisfactory and accompished as well as one of the most entertaining scores of the year. (This sentence is to be pronounced in BBC-News-British-English. cool )
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Oooooooooh shit!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    YIKES!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    CAPTAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!
  10. Am I the only one with an odd display of the thread? Has the site been hacked?
  11. Here we go again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    fixed it
  12. Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

STEVE, STEVE, STEVE!

-Erik-

biggrin
  13. Timmer wrote
    CAPTAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Everybodyyyyyyy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Captain Future wrote
    Am I the only one with an odd display of the thread? Has the site been hacked?

Nope, you broke it tongue (as did I five minutes earlier - watch your quote tags) but someone fixed it.

-Erik-