• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2012
    Screamworks Records presents

[Rec] 3: Genesis (Mikel Salas)

http://moviescoremedia.com/rec3-genesis-mikel-salas/

“Highly entertaining… gorgeously shot with magnificent widescreen vistas of carnage, supported by a thumping score from Mikel Salas.” (The Digital Fix)

As Variety pointed out in their positive review of the film, [Rec] 3: Genesis features a “full-blown score by Mikel Salas” that “moves things even further away from [Rec] 2, which had no musical accompaniment.” Indeed, the third entry in Paco Plaza’s acclaimed Rec series takes the franchise in a new direction and Screamworks Records is proud to present the first ever Rec score – an aggressive, but also sometimes poignant and beautiful, orchestral horror soundtrack that really delivers when it comes to blood-curling excitement.

Orchestrated by Arnau Bataller (whose score for La Sombra Prohibida: La Herencia Valdemar II was released by MovieScore Media last year), Mikel Salas [Rec] 3 music is a first-rate genre score where violence meets beauty – the aggressive, atonal cluster outbursts depicting zombie mayhem is expertly contrasted by the beautiful and somewhat nostalgic theme for the main character, Clara (Leticia Dolera).

First edition of the CD is limited to 500 copies.

SWR12004 • [REC] 3: GENESIS (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    Music Composed by MIKEL SALAS
    Release date (digital): September 18, 2012
    Release date (CD): October 16, 2012

TRACK LIST

1 Cinemascope 1:39
    2 Zombies 3:54
    3 Clara 5:43
    4 The Knights of Sant Jordi 1:21
    5 Attack and Pray 4:01
    6 John Esponja 1:14
    7 Natalie 1:11
    8 Mama 3:21
    9 Uncle Víctor 2:39
    10 Union: Part I 2:29
    11 Union: Part II 5:40
    12 After 2:42
    13 You’ll Be a Helluva Father! 1:26
    14 Always 4:04
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Can't wait to hear this!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. There's a broad spectrum of stuff on this. Ranging from the very listenable Clara's theme through to the all-too-familiar noise and rumblings favoured for today's horror films.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks Alan, is it electronic based or more orchestral / organic ?
  2. Demetris wrote
    Thanks Alan, is it electronic based or more orchestral / organic ?

It's definitely more orchestral/organic in nature with electronic touches to "flavour" the atonal orchestral stuff. Vocals also adds a bit of interesting variety in places. Don't get me wrong, there are some passages that are electronic soundscapes but, in the main, it's very much an orchestral score.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2012
    But when there's electronics it's just walks on the line of noise. It's a shame (for me at least) 'cause the purely orchestral passages, although rare, are very nice. Must see the movie to judge it eventually (i am a big fan of the series) but on CD it didn't do much for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Demetris wrote
    Must see the movie to judge it eventually (i am a big fan of the series)

DON'T DO THAT.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You did? The first 2 [rec] were great fun imo. Is it different?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2012 edited
    The first two are indeed great fun, and great movie experiences (specially part 1).

The third one.....well, let's be generous and say it's ok the first fifteen minutes (when it 'ties up' all the events of the first two with the third one), and the last five minutes. The rest is a considerable mess, FULL of humor (humor! in [REC]!!), boring plot, dumb characters and, again, humor...

As you know, the first two were directed by Jaume Balagueró and Paco Plaza, and the third one was directed by Paco Plaza. Now we know where the talent was....

Let's hope Jaume Balagueró can close the saga decently with the fourth (and last) part.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    There's a 4th planned already? Shame to hear about the 3rd on though...and from what i read after i posted, over at rottentomatoes, it's "fun", if you can basically turn your mind completely off and forget about the previous 2 films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Demetris wrote
    But when there's electronics it's just walks on the line of noise. It's a shame (for me at least) 'cause the purely orchestral passages, although rare, are very nice. Must see the movie to judge it eventually (i am a big fan of the series) but on CD it didn't do much for me.

Also, the last piece is quite melodic and surprising sounding. Still as a score overall it doesn't do much on CD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Demetris wrote
    There's a 4th planned already?

If there are no problems, the shooting should start at the end of the year, and according to the producer, it's going to be 'in the same style as the first two'. Which says a lot about the third.

Demetris wrote
    Shame to hear about the 3rd on though...and from what i read after i posted, over at rottentomatoes, it's "fun", if you can basically turn your mind completely off and forget about the previous 2 films.

I could kind of agree with that, yes. Although I would not say it is fun. It was a disappointment, really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh i see...shame cause i was looking forward to that! Thanks for the warning though.