• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LAKESHORE RECORDS TO RELEASE SILENT HILL: REVELATION 3D
    ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

Features Original Music by Jeff Danna

(October 22, 2012 – Los Angeles, CA) – Lakeshore Records will release the Silent Hill: Revelation 3D – Original Soundtrack digitally on Tuesday, October 30th and in stores on December 18, 2012. The album features original music by Jeff Danna (The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, Resident Evil: Apocalypse).

“[Director] Michael Basset was clear that he wanted the score to be more musical for this film than for the first Silent Hill movie,” said Danna. “He said, ‘I definitely want there to be an emotional arc to these characters and this story, and I need you to inject more musicality and orchestral elements into the score to support that. ’ In that way, the score is going to differ from the first film and from the games.”

Born in Canada to a musical family, Jeff Danna has created scores for a long and varied list of films. His credits include such divergent projects as Fracture, The Kid Stays In The Picture, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, The Boondock Saints, Lakeview Terrace, Chicago 10, Silent Hill, The Grey Zone, Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, and Closing The Ring for director Richard Attenborough.

This fall Danna’s work can also be heard in theatres on The Expatriate, and his work on the mini-series Continuum is ongoing on the small screen.

Based on the groundbreaking video game franchise, Silent Hill: Revelation 3D is the sequel to the hit film Silent Hill, which opened to number one at the U.S. box office and took in nearly $100 million at the worldwide box office. Featuring an unparalleled horror experience, Konami’s Silent Hill franchise has captivated fans for more than a decade and has spawned a hit comic book series, graphic novels, collectible action figures and numerous soundtracks from rock bands.

In Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, Heather Mason (Adelaide Clemens) and her father (Sean Bean) have been on the run, always one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn’t fully understand. On the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by horrific nightmares and the disappearance of her father, Heather discovers she’s not who she thinks she is. The revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her forever.

The challenge for this film was unique. Michael Bassett's storyline required that I combine Akira Yamaoka’s otherworldly textures and sound designs with music that was more emotionally driven and conventionally harmonic. The dark string passages that intertwine with the intense industrialized sound of SH2 are a unique chemistry,” Danna explained. “I’d look forward to the chance to work again with Akira Yamaoka on another Silent Hill film.”

Open Roads Films presents, Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, in theaters on October 26. Silent Hill: Revelation 3D – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack from Lakeshore Records will be available digitally on October 30th and in stores on December 18, 2012.

###

For more information contact: cinemediapromo@yahoo.com or @cinemediapromo on Twitter
    • CommentAuthorrambof07
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2012
    Ya, Silent Hill Revelation 3D is really very good horror movie. I am waiting for this movie with excitement. It is my favorite horror movie. Story of the movie is very good and the character of the movie have played a good role in this movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, I gather young master f07 positively puts forward the notion that Silent Hill Revelation 3D is a veritable cinematographic masterpiece in its intended niche categorie of horrific drama.
    He furthermore expresses his eager expectation for this film to arrive in some form or fashion he will be able to partake of.
    In fact, he goes so far as to state boldly that this moton picture (in the aforementioned genre) is the very zenithof personal preference. The dramatic structures and qualities of the motion picture are most superlative and ...

...after that I fear his prose descends into indubitably well meant but obscure obfuscation.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sounds like a winner. I completely trust this person's opinion of this film!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah

I'm afraid THE HOBBIT has been pushed into a distant number 2 on my must see list.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2012
    @Martijn lol

Damn, if rambof07 isn't a friggin bot and he actually talks like that, he should get himself checked wink
  2. BTW, the music itself is not particularly likeable to my ears.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Is it likable to anyone's ears? It's absolutely horrible.
  3. Demetris wrote
    Is it likable to anyone's ears? It's absolutely horrible.

The track "Lost Souls" is listenable - and is a little oasis in amongst all that noise. Nothing special and a bit low-key, but it is elevated to greatness by what's around it!

wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I guess i didn't make it until there! I switched it off 3-4 cues down!
    • CommentAuthorDr Bashir
    rambof07 wrote
    Ya, Silent Hill Revelation 3D is really very good horror movie. I am waiting for this movie with excitement. It is my favorite horror movie. Story of the movie is very good and the character of the movie have played a good role in this movie.

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    biggrin

Now if he'd said 'do you like Gladiators that would have been a stupid question.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Dr Bashir wrote

Oh Lord. A Trekkie. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorDr Bashir
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2012 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Dr Bashir wrote

Oh Lord. A Trekkie. slant

I don't know why but a lot of people say that. I am not a Trekkie. My name is Dr Toerag Bashir and I am a dentist living in the eastern part of France. It's an interesting story about how I became a dentist and would you believe it is directly because of my love of film music. It was back in 1973 and I was researching the great composer Mario Nascimbene on Wikipedia. His third daughter was in fact adopted and I telephoned the Bureau of Records in Istanbul in an attempt to trace her birth father. His name was Alex Higgins and he was a professional player of a game called snooker. Back in 1840 his great great grandfather was discharged from the army following an illicit affair with a young lady from Fiji. The young lady in question was a miracle of science owing to her enlarged small intestine, which when unwrapped streched from one side of Fiji to the other - but in other ways her medical history was more mundane. Her milk teeth fell out, as is traditional with children, between the ages of five and eight and each time one fell out, her parents dutifully played the game of pretending to be the tooth fairy and left five hundred pounds under her pillow. After she had accumulated four thousand pounds, she placed a bet on the first person to be evicted from the Big Brother house. Nobody expected Rick to go out so quickly - the odds were handsome indeed, at 25-1 against. So from her stake of four thousand pounds, she won the extraordinary sum of one hundred thousand pounds. Remember - in the mid ninteenth century one hundred thousand pounds was a lot of money. It was immediately clear to me that a lot of money could be made from teeth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh Lord. A FRENCH DENTIST Trekkie?
    N'avez vous aucune honte, monsieur? N'avez vous AUCUNE honte?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Et est-ce que c'est secure?
    • CommentAuthorDr Bashir
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2012
    J'ai une grande quantité de honte. Je pense aux jours sombres du Serengeti avec la partie de chasse d'Idi Amin. De plus amples explications est préférable de laisser sous silence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Vous avez surtout une grande quantité de Google Traduire... wink
    • CommentAuthorDr Bashir
    Google Traduire? I am not familiar with the service.

Mój poduszkowiec jest pełen węgorzy.
  4. Polak? :mrgreen:
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website