• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2012 edited
    Strange that there was no previous thread on this composer, one of my favourites (I also love the Merchant/Ivory films dearly).

Anyways, it's now a sad reason for starting this thread since it seems he passed away a few days ago:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/r … ted-389475

Very sad news. sad

THE REMAINS OF THE DAY is not only a great score, it's one of my top favourite movies of the 90's.

What are your favourites?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. A few months ago I went through the Richard Robbins scores that were available for purchase, listening to clips. I had up to that point not really registered his music at all. Overall, his music wasn't really what I enjoy but I did end up getting A Room With A View.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2012
    That is very sad news, I'm surprised it hadn't been reported earlier? A very fine composer, I love his score for REMAINS OF THE DAY.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I've never heard of him, sorry.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, now's your chance, Bregt. I think you would like much of his music. He's like the Desplat of his day....only better.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Surprising to hear. I remember reading back in 2009 he was in bad health, but nothing more.

I've barely heard anything by him. I discovered him while researching rejected scores (at the time there were two unsolved titles; both solved now) and that led me to hearing samples of "The Ballad of the Sad Cafe" -- which sounded very good.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorDr Bashir
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2012
    Bregt wrote
    I've never heard of him, sorry.

Astonishing! Get The Remains of the Day without hesitation! Better still, read the book and see the film.