• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2012
    MovieScore Media presents

Shock Head Soul (Roger Goula)

http://moviescoremedia.com/shock-head-soul-roger-goula/

“A rich score by Roger Goula enhances the atmosphere throughout without upstaging or overemphasizing the emotional register.” – Variety

Featuring a strikingly original score by Roger Goula, Shock Head Soul is an acclaimed cross-media documentary directed by BAFTA-winning filmmaker Simon Pummell, who already showed great musical taste when he hired Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead to score his 2003 feature Bodysong.

The film explores the writings of Daniel Paul Schreber, a lawyer who claimed that he received messages from God via a ‘writing down machine’. Goula’s superb score was performed by the Raven quartet and is both an avant-garde piece of work as well as a soundtrack that follows the narrative of the film. Pieces relate to such idioms as a-atonalism and French avant-garde minimalism as well as late romanticism. Instrumental colors in addition to the string quartet include the early electronic instrument, the ondes martenot, and piano.

MMD0019 • SHOCK HEAD SOUL (Original Soundtrack)
    Music Composed by ROGER GOULA
    Release date (digital only): November 20, 2012

TRACK LIST

1 Winter in Dresden 2:47
    2 The Miscarriage 0:55
    3 The First Crisis 1:25
    4 Extreme Methods 2:23
    5 At the Doctor 1:53
    6 A Delicate Matter 0:39
    7 The Brain Sculpture 1:35
    8 You’re Dead to Me 4:00
    9 He’s Not Alone 2:00
    10 In Solitude 1:45
    11 Becoming a Woman 1:24
    12 Knew It Would Come 2:37
    13 G1oing Home 1:12
    14 The Delusional System 4:02
    15 At Home 2:28
    16 Shock Head Soul Theme 3:00
  1. The clips to this score sound excellent.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2012 edited
    Listening to this now and the clips bear out how excellent this is.

Sombre, but rarely difficult to listen to (except for the pretentious "You're Dead To Me" and it's - I am assuming - use of dialogue from the documentary), I like the various textures of the tracks.

I may have to edit "You're Dead To Me" to excise out the dialogue that plagues the first portion of the track though.

I wonder if the dialogue features in the clip...nope. I do wish this sort of thing is highlighted when clips are made available. I suppose that it doesn't change the fact that I would still have bought this but it's nice to think that the clips highlight as many aspects of the score as possible.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn