• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2012 edited
    As pointed out in the anniversary thread, here's another cool way to celebrate the birthday of MainTitles

Mikael's label was born a little before MainTitles went online, and both have been supporting each other over these fast five years. Mikael wanted to support our birthday.

We are proud to give away 10 fantastic MovieScore Media film scores!

The winner can choose from the MovieScore Media catalogue! However, easy this will not be. There are three separate contests. You can participate in all of them, or just one.

Each winner gets part of this batch. One person cannot win multiple of the contests though. Obviously you don't have to have a kazoo to participate in contest 1 or 3.

1. Create the best slogan for the community!
    Honestly, we don't really have a tagline. The horror! The person who can get as many insider info into a creative and memorable signature for MainTitles, gets awarded!

2. Take the most awesome picture with the MainTitles kazoo.
    This leaves out quite a bit of members, and we're sorry for that. People who've met God have a chance to be gloriously awarded!

Frame the infamous instrument into something that no one will ever forget after first sight. If you have not got a kazoo yet, don't post in our Annoying thread, but use your imagination and try to outsmart the ones who have!

3. Guess the review
    Apart from a cool community, MainTitles is of course also a review website and Thomas has been doing lots of work to update his old reviews while adding also new content. Also Alan, Joep, William, Bob, Tom and others have been doing great work.

Here are five fragments from Thomas' reviews. You need to guess which scores he's talking about.

No I don't regret anything. I don't regret putting my mind into an unbelievable roller coaster ride like this, I don't regret it that it's so difficult to follow. (Score) offers you something you haven't seen before, and it's only when you wake up that you realize it is actually brilliant.

My friends. I've had this dream for more than a decade now. A dream which I've invited you all to share with me. And that dream is to hear (Composer) classic score in the way it was meant to be heard. First we had Varèse Sarabande's (Year) release that featured about 38 minutes of the score's prime directives. After all it served the publics demand, it protected the listening experience and it upheld the bad ass quality of the sound. But it did fail miserably in the presentation of the material (bad tracktitles representing the wrong film cue and so forth). So Varèse made another attempt in (Year), expanding its own company product with about 3 minutes. But still it wasn't what people wanted. So Intrada took a shot at it instead. And they knew just how to let this score become a bad motherf...

It's the truth, a listener who can't find the charm and wit in this one isn't getting the big picture. This is music that is basically full of witty tunes and moments that put a smile on your face, whichever track you're hearing. From his demonic chants to the overblown heroic tune, (Score) is a riveting experience coming from (Composer) best era. And now the sound quality shows a piece of work that defines (Composer) talent. He was a brilliant composer, and a real daredevil. With (Score) he showed that movie music sometimes needs to be daring to become fun. And this Deluxe Edition barks its way because of that into cinema history.

With the complete (super sounding) edition of the (Score) score, and with the alternate score thrown in the (Tool) for extra fuel, (Something) has never sounded this exciting. Not all is of superb quality, but it would be unwise to dismiss the underscore of (Composer) as just basic underscore. Because for most of you, hearing this score after all this time will feel like remembering back when you saw the movie for the first time. It is pure nostalgia. But is it still nostalgia if you go back in time? No need to think about that know, because (Score) sounds as heavy as it did all those years ago. But then again, weight's got nothing to do with it, getting to save your kids in the future all the more. But that's for another deluxe edition.

What can you say about "Cue"? Only this! Now the time is right for Vengeance and (Composer) whips everything together in a striking send off. It becomes a Verbal Verbose Verdict of justice, a Versatile Version of Vibrant and Vigorous Virility, a Virtuous Vision of Victorious Vitality, all drained in the Velocity of (Character)'s most powerful march yet. The Vocal power is there to Vanquish injustice once and for all and the most Valuable asset here is (Classical piece), blasting away the government for good. Simply put, a finale of finales.

Everyone can participate, also lurkers! That sounds good to you? Send all answers and material to bregt.delange@gmail.com.

We'll announce the winners next month!
    Kazoo
  1. I've made this sticky, because let's face it, prizes can be won smile

hope to see many people entering and contributing
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2012 edited
    I love priZes. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    I love priZes. biggrin

damn you Tim, you see all shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. beer to Mikael for donating the prizes and good luck to all contestants!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2012
    sad
    I lost my Kazoo to a dear friend's toddler... (she was so elated with it I couldn't bear to take it away...)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh my Martijn! Never give it to toddlers. See what happened to myself! I have too many right now.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sad baby Green!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2012 edited
    If you'd have given it to your cat, would it become a lolcatzoo?

applause for myself!

EDIT: I'd so have won in this contest!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Is it a berk? Is is lame? No, it's kazooper, man!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    If you'd have given it to your cat, would it become a lolcatzoo?

applause for myself!

EDIT: I'd so have won in this contest!

lol
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I didn't mention it yet, but winners get to choose from the MovieScore Media catalogue!
    Kazoo
  4. I can't enter, but:

1. Create the best slogan for the community!
    Honestly, we don't really have a tagline. The horror! The person who can get as many insider info into a creative and memorable signature for MainTitles, gets awarded!

"Welcome to Hell; you're fucked."

2. Take the most awesome picture with the MainTitles kazoo.
    This leaves out quite a bit of members, and we're sorry for that. People who've met God have a chance to be gloriously awarded!

I'll just grab one of those photos posted, crop out a kazoo, print it, and hold it up with me. Loophole!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Why can't you enter?
    Kazoo
  5. Justin (just as me) doesn't have a kazoo.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oooh. Noo. Only contest 2 is not for you guys then (but I added in the description that you can use your imagination too of course!). Wasn't that clear enough in my writing. I changed it a little.
    Kazoo
  6. PawelStroinski wrote
    Justin (just as me) doesn't have a kazoo.

Also, I really, really, really don't want to spend time decoding score references in review quotes.

I hada kazoo, I just gave it away to the needy in Africa. They're starving, but at least they can play the kazoo.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    justin boggan wrote

Hey, at least we love boobies. b00B13s55ss!!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. Demetris wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Hey, at least we love boobies. b00B13s55ss!!

I nominate this one.
  8. I just emailed you my entries, Bregt. Let me know if you don't get them.

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2012
    Yup, got them.

Haven't gotten many responses yet. Come on guys! smile
    Kazoo
  9. I would think that many people will already have all the MovieScore Media titles they want?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2012 edited
    Oh. That would indeed defeat the purpose.
    Kazoo
  10. Or don't want to answer the questions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2012
    I'll get to it. smile
    Just too much on at the moment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2012
    The prizes in this contest make me drool. MovieScore Media FTW.

I'm not good at coming up with slogans though, I don't have a kazoo *sniff* and I'm not sure where the review snippets are from, though I will think more about it. For a good slogan, I like what Erik Woods recently said on facebook: "The friendliest film music community on the planet". I feel that pretty much sums this place up.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2012
    It's a tough contest! Will think about it Merrigold!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You don't need to do all of them of course. There are three separate ones. Good luck!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    This is a good contest! Sadly, however, I aim to CUT DOWN my soundtrack collection, not increase it at the present time. Even cutting it down is hard enough as it is....I can't even GIVE stuff away these days.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Participate and when winning, give them away? wink
    Kazoo