• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2012 edited
    Two more weeks and then I close down. So far only a few participants, and no one for the kazoo contest.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2012
    We got a first contestant for the photo!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2012 edited
    Bregt wrote
    So far only a few participants, and no one for the kazoo contest.

I have some ideas for the kazoo, I hope one of these days to send you the photo!
  1. This one time, at band camp, I stuck a kazoo up my--
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2012
    Bregt I just emailed you my kazoo photo.

Merrigold!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2012
    Yup, got it! Cool. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2012
    What date does the contest end?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Well, it's a bit quiet, so I'll let it run another few weeks.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    My contribution has been sent in.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2013 edited
    Come on all. I close at 12 January!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2013 edited
    Let your creativity go wild! Got some cool pics already.

Just posted my idea on Facebook!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDutchbat
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2013
    angry I had a brilliant, prizewinning idea.
    As this is not exactly a familyfriendly kazoopicture-idea. It would maybe end up being censored as it's
    quite X-rated but I'm afraid my girlfriend doesn't wanna co-operate.
    wow, that was fun, let's do it again (Donkey in Shrek)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I don't want to know! tongue
    Kazoo
  2. [Jayne]I could stand to hear a little more...[/Jayne]
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tell us...wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2013
    Just send you a mail, Bregt. And congratulations with the 5 years of MainTitles. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2013 edited
    Okay, here's the solution to the contest:

No I don't regret anything. I don't regret putting my mind into an unbelievable roller coaster ride like this, I don't regret it that it's so difficult to follow. (Score) offers you something you haven't seen before, and it's only when you wake up that you realize it is actually brilliant.[spoiler]Inception[/spoiler]

My friends. I've had this dream for more than a decade now. A dream which I've invited you all to share with me. And that dream is to hear (Composer) classic score in the way it was meant to be heard. First we had Varèse Sarabande's (Year) release that featured about 38 minutes of the score's prime directives. After all it served the publics demand, it protected the listening experience and it upheld the bad ass quality of the sound. But it did fail miserably in the presentation of the material (bad tracktitles representing the wrong film cue and so forth). So Varèse made another attempt in (Year), expanding its own company product with about 3 minutes. But still it wasn't what people wanted. So Intrada took a shot at it instead. And they knew just how to let this score become a bad motherf... [spoiler] Robocop[/spoiler]

It's the truth, a listener who can't find the charm and wit in this one isn't getting the big picture. This is music that is basically full of witty tunes and moments that put a smile on your face, whichever track you're hearing. From his demonic chants to the overblown heroic tune, (Score) is a riveting experience coming from (Composer) best era. And now the sound quality shows a piece of work that defines (Composer) talent. He was a brilliant composer, and a real daredevil. With (Score) he showed that movie music sometimes needs to be daring to become fun. And this Deluxe Edition barks its way because of that into cinema history. [spoiler] The Burbs[/spoiler]

With the complete (super sounding) edition of the (Score) score, and with the alternate score thrown in the (Tool) for extra fuel, (Something) has never sounded this exciting. Not all is of superb quality, but it would be unwise to dismiss the underscore of (Composer) as just basic underscore. Because for most of you, hearing this score after all this time will feel like remembering back when you saw the movie for the first time. It is pure nostalgia. But is it still nostalgia if you go back in time? No need to think about that know, because (Score) sounds as heavy as it did all those years ago. But then again, weight's got nothing to do with it, getting to save your kids in the future all the more. But that's for another deluxe edition. [spoiler] Back to the Future[/spoiler]

What can you say about "Cue"? Only this! Now the time is right for Vengeance and (Composer) whips everything together in a striking send off. It becomes a Verbal Verbose Verdict of justice, a Versatile Version of Vibrant and Vigorous Virility, a Virtuous Vision of Victorious Vitality, all drained in the Velocity of (Character)'s most powerful march yet. The Vocal power is there to Vanquish injustice once and for all and the most Valuable asset here is (Classical piece), blasting away the government for good. Simply put, a finale of finales. [spoiler] V for Vendetta[/spoiler]

Winners will be announced shortly. Discussing best tagline right now.

My younger brother will select the picture.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2013
    I had no idea what the answers could be before, but now that they are revealed they seem so obvious.

Peter :cataclysmic facepalm:
  3. plindboe wrote
    I had no idea what the answers could be before, but now that they are revealed they seem so obvious.

Peter :cataclysmic facepalm:

sorry to hear that Peter, but glad too they weren't too obvious smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2013 edited
    1. Best slogan: ... we love end title too!
    Winner: Lars (Artworks)

This was decided by 3 members. They sent in a top 3. Their most favourite one got 3 points, second 2 points, and the third favourite 1 point. Lars' one got the most points.

Here are all slogans that were sent in:
    - ..we love end titles too! (Lars)
    - keeping score of film music (Lars)
    - we love film music (Lars)
    - Because Horner deserve a mention from time to time. Three time. Four time. (Martijn)
    - feel God's love in unexpected places. (Martijn)
    - Join us. Don't be afraid. (Martijn)
    - We're mad. We're mod. He’s God. You're banned. (Martijn)
    - Holy Cow! (Martijn)
    - Kazoos, gods, goats, Greeks, Morricone's biggest fan, "now playing" threads with crazy huge Roman numerals you can't read, and James Horner. Everything you want in a film music community. FACT! (Christopher)

I'll use the slogan on the community page.

2. Best picture with the kazoo
    Winner: Cristian's picture

My brother choose the picture, without seeing who did what.

Here are Martijn's contributions:
    KaZooper and MarsTitles

3. Guess the Review
    Winners: Christopher (all correct), Edmund (all correct) and Martijn (2 answers incorrect)

We got only 6 participants, so winning was not hard. A little disappointed by that number, but perhaps timing was not excellent, perhaps it was too silly and perhaps I demanded too much of your time. On the other hand, I think the prices are quite worth the trouble! No more contests in the future though.

Each one wins 2CD's. I'll contact you soon.

Congratulations to the winners and thanks for those who participated! punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2013
    Great slogan from Lars! biggrin

And great picture from Cristian. I think he was destined to win though, with his gift for photography. The Mars one is brilliant as well.

Bregt wrote
    - Kazoos, gods, goats, Greeks, Morricone's biggest fan, "now playing" threads with crazy huge Roman numerals you can't read, and James Horner. Everything you want in a film music community. FACT!

I've always wanted to be in a slogan! Something tells me Timmer is behind that one. FACT!

Anyway, sorry I didn't participate. I'm terrible at thinking up slogans, I don't own a kazoo and I couldn't guess any of the review excerpts even though in hindsight I should have been able to. *sigh

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...ermmmm....NOT fact. FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I had meant to participate but didn't shame
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2013
    Well, it's still a fact that something told me. tongue

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I....I...I didn't win anything? shocked

What a terrible waste of talent! angry

wink

Congrats to the winners, especially Cristian!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. plindboe wrote
    I've always wanted to be in a slogan! Something tells me Timmer is behind that one. FACT!

Actually that one was mine smile Clearly it was too long, but I wanted to get as many nods toward maintitles members into it as I could. Congrats to Lars for coming up with such a great one. I like his better.

Martijn wrote

I think you won two CDs?

Bregt wrote
    We got only 6 participants, so winning was not hard....Each one wins 2CD's. I'll contact you soon.

Great contest, Bregt. Sorry you didn't have more participate. I'm stoked to have won, though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote

uhm You won 2 cd's.

I have now added the names next to the slogans.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    christopher wrote

Martijn wrote

I think you won two CDs?

Ah no. Only winners, not mere participants. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2013 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Martijn wrote

uhm You won 2 cd's.

shocked
    I did?
    shocked

Clearly I completely misunderstood everything again!

Great contest! Awesome congregation of incredible talent!

Sad there were so few participants. sad It was a fun and worthy challenge.