• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2012 edited
    I couldn't help myself -- I just ordered a ticket for John Williams' Boston Pops concert on Saturday, June 8th next year. Tickets were going so fast after they were made available to the general public this morning, I just had to order.

I will be sitting very close to the stage (as opposed to the Bowl concert), at a table with 4 strangers! Cost me $112 -- the best available. Here's the info:

http://www.bso.org/Performance/Detail/49322/

Williams' "Film Night" concerts are also held Friday 7th, Tuesday 11th and Wednesday 12th.

Now, I'm not sure I can afford this. Since I go to Boston, I will also need to combine it with a trip to New York -- where I've never been. Sort of the east coast variant of the west coast trip I had this year.

There's also the issue of the pedagogy studies....if I have maximum bad luck, the trip will crash with final exams.

In both of these cases, I will need to sell the ticket somehow. Hopefully, that will be doable without too much of a loss.

And now for the big question:

Who wants to join me? smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2012
    I would love to but there's no way I can do it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor the Impulsive strikes again! punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The combination of New York/Boston and John Williams is simply so powerful, it's hard to resist. My biggest two passions rolled into one.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    If it'll be as expensive as your trip to California, I'm skipping!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2012 edited
    Bregt wrote
    If it'll be as expensive as your trip to California, I'm skipping!

Hopefully, it won't. The California trip was more ambitious. But I'm struggling to find roundtrip tickets for less than $890 at the present time...and that excludes the flight from Boston to NY. And then on top of that is accomodation, of course, as well as living costs otherwise. It won't be cheap, and I may regret my impulsivity shortly.

But I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to sell the ticket, since it's one of the best seats.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2012 edited
    I want to see Williams live at least once but I'd prefer the L.A. setting due to the events surrounding it. Problem is I've been to L.A. before and justifying such a costly trip for only soundtrack gatherings and events... it's a hard one.

Reading your plans for Boston Thor, I was tempted for 0.68 seconds. wink I am surprised you are considering another JW concert so soon?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2012
    francis wrote
    I want to see Williams live at least once but I'd prefer the L.A. setting due to the events surrounding it. Problem is I've been to L.A. before and justifying such a costly trip for only soundtrack gatherings and events... it's a hard one.

Reading your plans for Boston Thor, I was tempted for 0.68 seconds. wink I am surprised you are considering another JW concert so soon?

So am I!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2012
    For obvious reasons, those wanting to see Williams in concert would probably be well-advised to go sooner rather than leave it too long!

I'd love, really love to go again, Thor, and I'd like to see Boston (and New York again) but if anything, I'd say it's more likely we'll go back to California again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2012 edited
    Southall wrote
    For obvious reasons, those wanting to see Williams in concert would probably be well-advised to go sooner rather than leave it too long!

I'd love, really love to go again, Thor, and I'd like to see Boston (and New York again) but if anything, I'd say it's more likely we'll go back to California again.

Yeah, there's a lot left in California. I want to spend at least one whole week in Yosemite, for example (preferably when there's no Ebola-type virus going around). Also several spots along the coast. And Las Vegas, even though that is Nevada.

But that will have to be in a while.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2013
    Trip has been cancelled.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. ow? Sorry to hear that Thor
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    How come?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The whole trip was a bit on the expensive side, but it was the living costs in Boston (the most expensive I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot) that tipped the scale. Hopefully, I'll be able to do it next year.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Sorry to hear Thor. Hope you still get to see NY & Boston soon!