• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2013
    I'm listening to "Gunfight at O.K. Corral", a new release from La-La Land. I've seen the film in fact most of the films about the gunfight. The one that stands out in my mind is "Tombstone" with Kilmer and Russell.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2014
    I'm nearly finished and I've gained a great deal of respect for the score. Tiomkin's place with other golden age composers is well deserved.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2014
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2014/01/02/g … altiomkin/

My first review of 2014 from a true genius of film music Tiomkin.
    Tom
  1. I just had a glance at the review and I will read it in detail later. I love that release which I bought alongside High Noon. Both scores are like brothers.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2014
    They are similar in some ways.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2014
    A new release from Kritzerland is the motion picture classic It's A Wonderful Life. While it is filled with traditional music there are a few tracks with that unmistakable Tiomkin sound.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2014
    Listening to this soundtrack and formulating my thoughts and ideas. I'm not surprised it sold out so quickly, as there were only 1200 pressed.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2014
    Last night I watched DILLINGER (1945) last night and to my surprise this was a Tiomkin score. Remember that this was an ultra low budget film from Monogram that took off and did well at the box office. The King Brothers invested nearly 200 thousand dollars which is huge considering the fact they made a lot of stuff for under 10 thousand (the Lugosi films as an example) but their return was over 4 million dollars quite a nice return on your money. This was early on Tiomkin and his sound was beginning to develop but you can still tell it was him.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2014
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2014/07/03/i … fetiomkin/

My review of It's A Wonderful Life. Even though it is sold out e-mail or call Kritzerland and there are still some copies available.
    Tom