• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. TRON: UPRISING SOUNDTRACK
    MUSIC FROM AND INSPIRED BY THE
    DISNEY XD ANIMATED TELEVISION SERIES
    SET FOR DIGITAL RELEASE ON JANUARY 8, 2013

BURBANK, CA -- December 10, 2012 – Walt Disney Records will release the soundtrack for TRON: Uprising, the Disney XD animated television series inspired by the films TRON (1982) and TRON: Legacy (2010) on January 8, 2013. The TRON: Uprising soundtrack features the original score from the series composed by Joseph Trapanese and will only be available in digital format. In addition to the 16 tracks provided by Trapanese, TRON: Uprising soundtrack also includes remixes from 3OH!3, Opiuo, David Hiller, and a brand new track from Hollywood Records’ rising EDM star, 16-year-old Cole Plante, entitled “Rezolution.”

Trapanese worked in tandem with Daft Punk on the score for TRON: Legacy. Drawing on his background in classical orchestration as well as film scoring, Trapanese functioned as both arranger and orchestrator, arranging the duo’s music to picture and conveying their ideas to the orchestra. It was Daft Punk who recommended Trapanese as the composer for TRON: Uprising.

Bridging the gap between 1982's “TRON” and 2010's “TRON: Legacy,” composer Joseph Trapanese follows in the footsteps of Wendy Carlos' and Daft Punk's groundbreaking scores with his work on "TRON: Uprising." As arranger and orchestrator he collaborated with Daft Punk on their "TRON: Legacy" soundtrack, a top 10 album in the US and certified gold with over 500,000 units sold. For "Uprising," Joseph adapted the original Daft Punk synthesizer patches and sound palette used in TRON: Legacy for Beck's journey in Argon City, paying homage to the film while also broadening the sonic world of The Grid with new instrumentation and color.

“The artistic and creative directors of the series worked closely with the writers of the film to create a firm connection to the film while being its own unique, distinct world," said Trapanese. "That’s where this process was most rewarding, the ability to start with a framework of cool sounds, ideas, and textures, but then take it to the new places that the series went.”

Trapanese’s cinematic score paints an aural picture that matches “TRON: Uprising’s” futuristic animation. Set in the era of “TRON” between the stories in the 1982 feature film and Walt Disney Studios' “TRON: Legacy,” “TRON: Uprising” delves inside the computer world of The Grid and the people who live there with a visually striking series produced in CG animation with 2D aesthetic. “TRON: Uprising” stars Elijah Wood (Beck), Mandy Moore (Mara), Emmanuelle Chriqui (Paige), and Bruce Boxleitner reprising the role as Tron. Fans of TRON: Uprising will recognize Trapanese’s elegantly crafted compositions on the soundtrack.

“We had a lot more footage to cover than we had with the film, almost 7 hours,” says Trapanese. “And with animation, we’re not hindered by the limitations of visual effects and real world stunts. The scope can be much bigger. Through the two years of collaboration with Daft Punk, we found a balance of electronics and orchestra that worked very well for The Grid, and I've tried to build on that. The remixes for the show are from artists whom I have a great respect for and Cole’s track is added on as his unique, artistic reaction to what we’ve been doing.”

A classically trained musician, Trapanese has played the piano and trombone from a young age—including performing at Carnegie Hall with the New York Youth Symphony. He completed his undergraduate work in music composition at the Manhattan School Of Music then continued at UCLA’s Music for Visual Media program for graduate school. Here, he was given the first ever Jerry Goldsmith Award in 2007. Soon after, Trapanese started working on “Dexter” as orchestrator. Since then he has provided arrangements and orchestrations for “Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightening Thief,” “Butter,” “Fast Five,” among numerous other films and television shows.

TRON: Uprising soundtrack is available for pre-order starting December 18, 2012.

iTunes http://smarturl.it/tuiTunesa1

Amazon Disc On Demand http://smarturl.it/tuAmazona1

Visit the official Disney XD site for “TRON: Uprising” for more information: http://disney.go.com/xd/tron/. Become a fan at Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TronUprising.

###

For more information please contact: cinemediapromo@yahoo.com or @cinemediapromo on Twitter
  2. I've read a couple of enthusiastic comments about Trapanese's score for TRON: Uprising and was keen to hear it for myself. After listening to it I can't hear what the enthusiasm is all about. This new score certainly feeds off Daft Punk's original score - sorry, adapts "the original Daft Punk synthesizer patches and sound palette" of the original score - but just as you think that you're going to hear something of the same level as the original both the theme (Beck's theme) and the musical palette (into new instrumentations) veers sharply away from the original.

I kept being disappointed that this wasn't just TRON: Legacy - because, for me, TRON: Uprising just isn't in the same league as the enthusiasm suggests.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2013
    I think it's a wonderful extension of the sound. If all Trapanese did was just duplicated everything Daft Punk did in the first score then what would be the point? I like how it sounds (very) familiar yet veers off in those different directions that so disappointed Alan. It's melodic, emotional, exciting, and creative. I think it's super TV scoring.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Yes, there would be no point in duplicating everything that was in the original. But, to me, Trapanese has veered off "down-market" to my ears.

I think that my strong reaction to this one is related to my - some would say - weird feelings towards synths and how they sound. Daft Punk's original instrumentation selection (in terms of how the synths sound) were just how I like them. My vocabulary is very limited when it comes to me trying to describe the sound that I like in Daft Punk's original. Trapanese has taken the bare bones of that sound and has added a whole series of rasping and grating instrumentation to the mix that I don't particularly like.

I love the original and I would have preferred if this current version would have either embraced that musical world completely or dispensed with it completely.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2013 edited
    At first listen it sounded to me like he was given access to the Daft Punk sound/sample libraries and do his own thing for the cartoon; I think the result is ok but the Tron movie score is still superior in every aspect. I was listening to the Daft Punk score today and was imagining extra snares in the drums, but then I thought 'nah, it works the way it does'. It is amazing how simple some of the tracks are in structure, but the execution and the sounds are just sooooooo cool and addictive.
  4. He was given access to the music patches(?) from the original score.
  5. You mean synth patches? (sounds)
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2013 edited
    Yes, he used sounds, samples, etc created by Daft Punk from Tron Legacy. The biggest difference in the sound between Uprisng and Legacy is the fact that (and probably due to budgetary reasons) Trapanese didn't have access to a massive live symphony orchestra the way Daft Punk did for the film. While there are "orchestral" elements (or elements that sound more organic) in the Uprising score, Trapanese wisely explored the more synthetic sounds due to his limitations in instrumentation and time to write each score. The fact that he came up with what he did (he had 2 weeks per episode) is quite spectacular!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2013
    Sounds very good, and the electronic / dubstep pieces that close the album are amazingly produced.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. As a stand-alone album, the music might feel a little less epic than its older brother (due to what Eric just pointed out), but watching the show, I must say the score works spectacularly well in context, especially during the action scenes with the volume turned up accordingly. ^^
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2013
    I've been listening to this, and definitely like what I'm hearing -- especially the tracks that are more clean electronica. It's not as brilliant as the Daft Punk original, of course, but a nice "theme & variations" over basically the same sound.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2013
    The more clear electronica tracs are amazing, and he wrote some really, really good dubstep.
  7. Does anyone know if this is available to download outside the US yet? I can't find it anywhere.
  8. Demetris wrote
    good dubstep.

IMO that's a contradiction of terms...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2013
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Demetris wrote
    good dubstep.

IMO that's a contradiction of terms...

Nonsense. Dubstep is awesome!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2013
    In general, it's noise to my ears, but there are very good exceptions.
  9. Thor wrote
    Nonsense. Dubstep is awesome!

It's one of the very few musical genres that I simply can't tolerate whatsoever. I fail to hear anything good about it...it's lurching, arrhythmic and obnoxious, and I find the screeching, grating electronic tones it's largely based on to be very hard to stomach. It's a genre whose death can't come sooner, IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2013
    Well, there IS good dubstep and bad dupsted, I'll grant you that.
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Thor wrote
    Well, there IS good dubstep and bad dupsted, I'll grant you that.

As with all genres...but even good dubstep is something I'd rather avoid. I can tell it's well-made, but that's usually the extent of my appreciation.
  11. While I am late to the party, I am in total agreement with Erik. Wonderful extension of the Tron sound.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.