• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2008 edited
    As far as I can figure out we can't do a poll but this is what I want to do. Its a simple two part question.

a... How many of you have seen the Edward G. Robinson film Sea Wolf

b... How many of you have listened to the score and what version Chandos, Koch, or FSM
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DELETED!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2008
    Erik! I'm talking about Sea Wolf dude not Sea Hawk. Easy to confuse. I ask the question because for some reason Sea Wolf hasn't ever been released to DVD.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Oh... I didn't read the topic title... I just saw Korngold and entered. But then you wrote...

sdtom wrote
    a... How many of you have seen the Edward G. Robinson film Sea Hawk

tongue

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Yikes! I get them confused too. Changed
  1. a) No, I've not seen the movie

b) I have the Chandos re-recording. Though I haven't given it a good listen yet.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Unless you saw the film on the tele it is only available on VHS not DVD
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I own the Kojian/Utah Symphony suite of the score.
    It's not a score that dear to my heart that I feel the need to sample other versions so I'll just stick with this one, which suits me just fine as a wonderful listen.

{EDITED}
    Man, we're talking Sea Wolf...sorry... evidently I got swept along by the tide of miscommunication... spin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sea Wolf? It has its merits, definitely. Sea Hawk? Scoregasm.

Edit; oh, and I have the Chandos version of Wolf, and I've not seen the film. Surprise surprise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2008
    I have only ever heard the Chandos version. I hope they do release a DVD some day!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yikes! I'm just confused! confused wink

Sea Hawk is a great film from what I remember but it's been a long loooooong time since I've seen it.

I only have the Chandos version of the score so can't compare.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    The Sea Hawk is brilliant! I own a copy of the dvd. The docco is great too. It goes into the Korngold score a little. The Sea Wolf sadly has not had the same DVD tratment as yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I wish our library had a copy for me to watch as I refuse to pay e-bay prices of up to $20.00 for a VHS tape.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Erik, when did FSM release the original tracks of the The Sea Hawk?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    To my knowledge they never did tj. I confused him with my mixing up hawk and wolf.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2008
    I know they didn't. But every other recording he references in that post of his is regarding THE SEA HAWK. AFAIK Tsunami released th eoriginal tracks but it is not complete.

..Erik?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2008
    I've finally gotten a copy of a showing on Turner of the film. What a wonderful experience to hear the score attached. I noticed in the maintitles that Friedhofer/Heindorf were given orchestra credit.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2008
    After watching the film I put the Chandos reconstruction material back on and I can hear a bit of Steiner. cheesy