• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2013
    Dear Bregt, could you please turn forum preferences around so that you (or us, the mods) have to approve the new membership applications before they become active? I delete spammers' topics all day, everyday. Thanks
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, there does seem to be a surge in spammers here as of late.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2013 edited
    I'm pretty sure they don't have dicks, as they're bots. When they apply for membership, can't one just ask a question only a human will know the answer to, for instance "What's 5 plus 3?", "Who wrote Hamlet?" or "Which Kardashian is the most attractive?"?

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Which Kardashian is the most attractive? and what's the answer to that hehe
  1. plindboe wrote
    I'm pretty sure they don't have dicks, as they're bots.

Peter smile

Number 5 is alive!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ok, will do this temporarily. I will oversee the applications.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    plindboe wrote
    I'm pretty sure they don't have dicks, as they're bots. When they apply for membership, can't one just ask a question only a human will know the answer to, for instance "What's 5 plus 3?", "Who wrote Hamlet?" or "Which Kardashian is the most attractive?"?

Peter smile

Yes, I will do that, even though I thought a CAPTCHA would be enough!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2013
    Bregt, the Indian spammers are breaking through again with a vengeance.
    Howzabout that CAPTCHA implementation?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I removed the captcha because they got through the captcha! Added something custom but they get trhough that as well. Fucking bastards!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked
    Almost seems as if they're not using bots at all, but actually log in!
    Maybe we should "vet" new users? (I.e. registration is put on hold until one of the mods actually verifies a user by its e-mail address or so?)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    shocked
    Almost seems as if they're not using bots at all, but actually log in!
    Maybe we should "vet" new users? (I.e. registration is put on hold until one of the mods actually verifies a user by its e-mail address or so?)

Bingo!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Well, that was what I did the past few weeks. I turned of activation via e-mail and had to approve new members. There were about 25 new members A DAY. Most were fakes and it takes your time to filter out. Then I implemented the current solution "swner to prove you are human".

I don't know what is happening.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It's a madhouse! A MADHOUSE!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well this is what i suggested too, that they're actual human, indians with small dicks, who actually log in, sign up, sign in and post this shit, not bots!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2013 edited
    I had an idea on who........might have pushed them here... omg
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    ... indians with small dicks...

biggrin
  2. Maybe part of the registration process should be to quote a certain passage from a set of liner notes from a CD everyone should have?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    What's a CD?
  3. Steven wrote
    What's a CD?

Spammer!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2013
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Maybe part of the registration process should be to quote a certain passage from a set of liner notes from a CD everyone should have?

Tyler Bates? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2013
    Ask them their views on Black Rain's significance in film music history.
  4. Southall wrote
    Ask them their views on Black Rain's significance in film music history.

And those that pass that test must then pass a probationary period when any mention of a film's title must be in the format of capitalisation or being made bold.