• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013 edited
    I've been asked by the arrangers of this film music event to relate this info to others who might be interested, in case anyone wants to get accreditation and join. I will be there myself, but only as a guest.

http://kosmorama.no/en/2013/03/2393/

Composers include Loek Dikker (NL) and Richard Bellis (USA).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2013 edited
    Just wanted to say that I'm having a fabulous time in Tronheim, hanging out with the film music elite of Norway, among others. Tomas Kantelinen is here too.

Also a maintitles "gathering" with Mark Rayen and Myhrik. Will report in detail later. Now I'm sitting at a hotel room and I'm too drunk.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2013 edited
    You don't know the faces, but these are among the cream of the crop of Norwegian film composers (except myself, obviously):

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a … 244eb1db76

Left to right: Knut Avenstroup Haugen (outside the frame), John-Erik Kaada, Aslak Hartberg, Mark Rayen, Henrik Skram, me, Eirik Myhr (aka Myhrik here) and Gisle Martens Meyer (aka electronica star Ugress).

(a rare photo, this... I only wish Knut was more visible).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2013
    It was a fascinating event with terrific lectures and a unique possibility to meet and get to know some really nice people, Thor among others. I appreciated some of the discussions we had. It seemed well deserved that Kantelinen won the Harpa film composer award last night. Outstanding composer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2013
    Here are a few pics from the event:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= … 98e227fc88
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    Hmm it is quite possible that hwh was in Tornheim too while the event was happening. Whoops :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Caliburn wrote
    Hmm it is quite possible that hwh was in Tornheim too while the event was happening. Whoops :P

hwh?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    You have been drinking with him Ghent and Krakow. Beer must have blocked him from your mind. ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Very fancy Thor! You have met a great deal of composers the past years but you are the closest with those of your own country it seems, although quite logical perhaps. smile

Congrats to Kantelinen.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Kantelinen, Skram, woah, great! I remember meeting Tuomas in 2006 Soncinemad and he was fantastic to hang out with, such a great composer too. How is Skram in person? His 90 minutes score from last year put him on the radar for me.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2013 edited
    Henrik is very sympathetic and simply a pleasure to hang out with (so are the others, of course). I didn't realize untill this weekend that he was the son of Knut Skram, who is one of the most famous opera singers in Norway of all time.

They played a track from 90 MINUTES in the concert -- the beautiful, cello-driven theme for the tragic Johan character.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Excellent stuff, Thor. I met Tuomas Kantelinen at the pre-Oscars reception in LA a few weeks ago, and he was really nice. I really hope this score he's doing with AR Rahman is successful, and he starts getting some more high profile international assignments soon - his talent deserves it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What did you talk about? any maintitles / ifmca talk?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ....speaking of which, you have an ifmca article to write about the meeting wink beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, but first I have to write the second article for Montages. The first goes out tomorrow. Then I'll be able to write a condensed, translated article about the event.

We didn't talk about maintitles that much (even though both Mark and myhrik are members here), but I mentioned IFMCA a few times, especially urging them to send in promos of their material. Eirik will post this request on their closed composer forum.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2013
    Excellent!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Who's myhrik?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    myhrik aka Eirik Myhr. He's a member here, but he doesn't post much. I asked him why, and he said it was a) a matter of available time and b) that he feels he doesn't have that much to contribute beyond he particular few composers he's interested in, like Danny Elfman.

I've urged him to pop into this thread, at least, to say 'hi'. Let's see if he does.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    I was actually able to attend the premiere of Eirik's new film at the children's film festival yesterday, and thoroughly enjoyed the score. If it gets a release it would be well worth checking out!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cool! I think Eirik may release the score on his own label, like he did for his previous two children's movies.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So, i see your Elfman radar is well and active!
  2. Thor wrote
    We didn't talk about maintitles that much (even though both Mark and myhrik are members here), but I mentioned IFMCA a few times, especially urging them to send in promos of their material. Eirik will post this request on their closed composer forum.

This is outstanding work, Thor. Way to represent the IFMCA smile As the Regional Director for Scandinavia, you are leading the field!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2013
    Absolutely! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2013
    No problem!

Two reports are now out in Norwegian:

Seminars: http://montages.no/2013/04/filmmusikkda … inarene-2/

Concert and HARPA awards: http://montages.no/2013/04/filmmusikkda … sutdeling/

I'll try to write a translated synopsis for IFMCA, but probably won't have time untill this weekend.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPlingKong
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2013
    Just checking in to say hi! A bit late, but I had trouble finding my username and password - which is some indication of how long it's been since my last visit. Thor Joachim was wrong about my username though, which was not "myhrik" after all (I don't blame him, as myhrik is my username in about 738 other forums). wink

I can confirm that the Trondheim days were VERY good indeed - especially spending time with all these great people! smile

Thanks for the kind words, Mark! Yes Thor, I will definitely release the score on my label Pling Kong Recordings - but probably not until late September or early October. The film is called DE TØFFESTE GUTTA ("The Tough Guys") and premieres in Norway October 18. It's a children's film about a guy called Modulf which gets bullied a lot at school, but he thinks that's OK, cause it saves the other children from getting bullied. He even thinks it is kind of cool, cause in his mind, this makes him a superhero. You might say it is a dark comedy for children, treating some very dark themes with a humorous twist. You can watch the first teaser trailer here if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1bCmw2zuGI

See you around smile

Eirik
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2013
    Cool, Eirik, I hadn't seen that trailer before. Is that your music in it? Has a definite Morricone vibe.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPlingKong
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2013
    Yes, what you hear is parts of the main theme. smile