• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthor.KK
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2013 edited
    I know I'm still pretty new here, but I have a favour to ask of you.

Recently, a friend of mine agreed to direct/film the video for a friend" for some competition about chartered accounting. I was asked to score it.

Now I'm not really the kind of guy who goes for self-promotion, but I've been asked to share the video to get as many as views, comments and likes as possible. So if its not too much trouble, I'd be really grateful if you guys can take a moment to watch the video, like it, maybe comment on it or even share it with others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NxZ77-7iZo

I know the music has issues with the synths and mix, but there was far too little time given for this project, and I did what I could with the conditions I had.

I'm not fond of this kind of promotion, especially in a community where I've yet to truly settle, but I've been pressed to keep at it.

I appreciate your support, thanks a million!

- KK
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2013
    Not to worry. This is partially why communities like these are here for, .KK.
    Unless it's merely for blatant commercial abuse, why not ask the people who may be most interested in ventures and creative experiments like these?

I myself am not very active in the social media, but who knows who on the forum is, and may cause some snowball to start rolling?

Anyway, I'll certainly have a look and leave some comments.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthor.KK
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2013
    Thanks Martijn. I just wasn't sure about posting all this here, because I haven't gotten very familiar with the community here yet. I'm still a newbie :p
  1. .KK wrote
    I know I'm still pretty new here, but I have a favour to ask of you.

Recently, a friend of mine agreed to direct/film the video for a friend" for some competition about chartered accounting. I was asked to score it.

Now I'm not really the kind of guy who goes for self-promotion, but I've been asked to share the video to get as many as views, comments and likes as possible. So if its not too much trouble, I'd be really grateful if you guys can take a moment to watch the video, like it, maybe comment on it or even share it with others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NxZ77-7iZo

I know the music has issues with the synths and mix, but there was far too little time given for this project, and I did what I could with the conditions I had.

I'm not fond of this kind of promotion, especially in a community where I've yet to truly settle, but I've been pressed to keep at it.

I appreciate your support, thanks a million!

- KK

KK, I liked you music a lot. I wouldn't want any major changes here.

What took me out of the film constantly though, was the commentary. The text is fine but the way in which it is spoken is not.

The voice should come more "from the chest" to give it more resonance.
    The speaker needs to watch his breathing which should result in a better prosody, especially towards the end of the sentences.
    It sounds like the speaker was reading the text rather then reciting it.
    What dialect does the speaker use? The S-sounds sound rather mumbled. Watch the pronunciation: Inland Northern American or Received Pronunciation.

Don't meen to be mean to be harsh, but you asked for honest feedback.

The photography, the editing, the music: great!

Best wishes!
    Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2013
    I thought the music was fine except for the sound level which I would have cut back a tad. I thought little of the video and found it somewhat confusing but that could be the stroke brain I have.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!