• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorkilar30
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2013
    Hi,

I would like to know what composers will be in Ghent this year.

Thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That is not announced yet. Will be April or May.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    Thanks Bregt!!!!!

I hope fantastic composers: Michel Legrand, John Morris, Laurence Rosenthal, Bill Conti, James Horner, Joe Hisaishi, Thomas Newman....
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2013
    I would really love for Alan Silvestri to attend, but in all honesty the lineups have been great year after year!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2013 edited
    francis wrote
    I would really love for Alan Silvestri to attend, but in all honesty the lineups have been great year after year!

That would be fantastic. One more of my Top 10 (of living composers) to "cross off" the live list. I'm a bit worried that this year's guests won't live up the previous years, however.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2013 edited
    But you all said the same two years ago when Goldenthal was guest the year before. And last year you all feared Tyler Bates would be coming because Hans Zimmer had attended Ghent in 2011. But still JNH was announced!

If Danny Elfman comes, I will sell my ticket for London though!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2013
    Bregt wrote
    And last year you all feared Tyler Bates would be coming because Hans Zimmer had attended Ghent in 2011.

For the record, I'd welcome Tyler Bates to Ghent, though I doubt his genre of movies gets awarded on the WSA. Also, I'm not worried about the new lineup, I'm sure there will be enough interesting names. Unless they'd do an all bollywood themed concert. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2013
    No news yet. For sure Brian Byrne will be there as Discovery of the year 2012
    I think Thomas Newman had a nice year so I would love to see him there.
    I am also curious to see who will be nominated for the career award.
    Michel Legrand is a possibility, although I would love to see Bruce Broughton.
    John Morris and Francis Lai would well deserve the award but I doubt they can attend (86 and 81 respectively). What about Bill Conti???
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2013 edited
    Dennis wrote
    John Morris and Francis Lai would well deserve the award but I doubt they can attend (86 and 81 respectively). What about Bill Conti???

JOHN WILLIAMS!!!!

I know....I wish!

For the big stars, I would want to see Danny Elfman (as long as he's in Europe), James Horner (as long as he's in Europe), Alan Silvestri, David Arnold, Vangelis, Thomas Newman, Alan Menken, A.R. Rahman, Michel Legrand, Harold Faltermeyer, Patrick Doyle, Mark Isham, Mark Mancina, Lalo Schifrin.

Bear McReary would be nice, with the maintitles connection and all.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2013
  1. Thor wrote
    Dennis wrote

JOHN WILLIAMS!!!!

I know....I wish!

For the big stars, I would want to see Danny Elfman (as long as he's in Europe), James Horner (as long as he's in Europe), Alan Silvestri, David Arnold, Vangelis, Thomas Newman, Alan Menken, A.R. Rahman, Michel Legrand, Harold Faltermeyer, Patrick Doyle, Mark Isham, Mark Mancina, Lalo Schifrin.

Bear McReary would be nice, with the maintitles connection and all.

McCreary wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Brian Byrne as "Discovery" of 2012? I assume that discovery in this context means just coming across a name they hadn't heard of before - and who could attend festival?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn