• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013
    MovieScore Media presents

Dragon (Wu Xia) (Chan Kwon Wing/Peter Kam Pui Tat)

http://moviescoremedia.com/dragon-wu-xi … m-pui-tat/

Accompanied by a stylish soundtrack composed by Chan Kwong Wing and Peter Kam (The Warlords), Peter Chan’s Hong Kong action adventure Dragon tells the story about a martial arts expert who wants to start a new life but is hunted down by a detective and his former master. Donnie Yen and Takeshi Kaneshiro are the main stars in the film, which won multiple awards at the Asian Film Awards and Hong Kong Film Awards (including the ones for Best Composer and Best Original Film Score respectively).

The composers mix orchestral elements with Asian instrumentation and modern aesthetics, creating an effective and attractive score with coherent thematic ideas at its core.

This digital only release follows the theatrical release of the film in the United Kingdom on May 3, 2013, and co-incides with the DVD release of the film in USA and Germany!

MMD0023 • DRAGON (Wu Xia) (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    Music Composed by CHAN KWONG WING & PETER KAM PUI TAT
    Release date (digital only): May 13, 2013

TRACK LIST

1 Blood of the Dragon 1:10
    2 The Thieves 3:22
    3 The Village 0:57
    4 Inspector 2:56
    5 Hidden Dragon 6:09
    6 Desperation 1:44
    7 Unforgotten Past 1:44
    8 The Heart of Fear 2:06
    9 Sins of the Past 1:40
    10 You Have to Die 1:30
    11 Aftermath 3:04
    12 Infinite Sorrow 1:32
    13 Return to Perdition 3:28
    14 Blood in the Stable 3:02
    15 Father, This is the End 8:58
  1. I saw this film, good one too. Kinda unique if you've seen countless kung fu films by now. And I immediately said that the music was very good. So, I'll definitely check this one out.

Good release Mikael
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013 edited
    Has some very nice sentimental melodic passages. Liked the fact that it's mostly and mainly orchestral too! Not too found of the whacky Moriconnian-Tarantino-ish frantic pieces though.

Recommended cues: blood on the stable, hidden dragon, father this is the end (Without the whacky first couple of minutes).
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Demetris wrote
    Has some very nice sentimental melodic passages. Liked the fact that it's mostly and mainly orchestral too! Not too found of the whacky Moriconnian-Tarantino-ish frantic pieces though.

Recommended cues: blood on the stable, hidden dragon, father this is the end (Without the whacky first couple of minutes).

what I noticed (it's been a while since I saw it) that it was indeed melodic, soft, well structured (not common for these kind of motion pictures), but that there was an action piece that kicked ass (impossible to tell which one from the tracktitles)
  3. Review of the score

- DRAGON