• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2013

I liked the 2nd & 3rd one cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    It also reminded me of the flight cue from non-Miyazaki Ghibli movie Whisper of The Heart (composed by Yuji Nomi), but I can't find any clip on youtube. crazy
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I don't know why but the first first piece of music I though was the Wuthering Heights main theme by Ryuichi Sakamoto.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    I don't know why but the first first piece of music I though was the Wuthering Heights main theme by Ryuichi Sakamoto.

ohhhhh good one! love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I think now it's time for a change of image, anyone fancy putting an image up?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2013 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Stavroula wrote

ohhhhh good one! love

I though you'd like it. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    A classic example could be RVW and his Sinfonia Antartica.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2013
    Stavroula wrote

Hisaishi and Sakamoto sometimes share a bit of similarity, like Paths of the Wind from My Neighbor Totoro and Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence. I'm not sure it was influenced or not.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  1. Adiemus by Carl Jenkins.

Anyone remember the Delta Airlines commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxQ4hBwp4Q4

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    Adiemus by Carl Jenkins.

Anyone remember the Delta Airlines commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxQ4hBwp4Q4

Volker

Yes I do, it's a lovely piece.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Very good one!
    Tom smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2013 edited
    Timmer wrote

Obviously not.

Now then, what music can we put to....

THIS IMAGE?

...very VERY easy if it was all pop related rather than film music.

My initial thought was Danny Elfman's theme for MARS ATTACKS.I suspect my choice will not be the last Elfman choice wink
  2. No music came to mind at all. I couldn't get past the "Mmmm, Jelly Babies. lick "
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2013
    This.
    Purely an auditive association (never having seen th actual film).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

Obviously not.

THIS IMAGE?

My initial thought was Danny Elfman's theme for MARS ATTACKS.I suspect my choice will not be the last Elfman choice wink

Yes, Elfman is an obvious choice here, but not MARS ATTACKS. Rather:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79JBx4BNrbg

For pure annoyance, I would pick something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqxIqq_eNr0

(TV, though, not film)
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Damn! Thor, that's so obvious I didn't even think of it. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    This.
    Purely an auditive association (never having seen th actual film).

I like it. I was thinking of POLTERGEIST but abandoned it.

I was trying to think of anything John Barry I could stick to that image and came up with this...

FLORIDA FANTASY
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hmmm, it's all so happy!
    Does no one find these little golems a little eerie?

Or is it just me?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    p.s. For anyone wondering why I changed the thread title to Part 2 IT'S SIMPLY THAT I THOUGHT i'D CHANGE THE 'PART' NUMBER EACH TIME A NEW IMAGE IS POSTED.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It's a great idea for a topic, but I can't help but think in many NON-film music terms for every image I view. Weird. Maybe the associative abilities are more ingrained that way.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Hmmm, it's all so happy!

Or is it just me?

I hate hate, corporate power speak but yes please Martijn, feel free to post anything "thinking outside the box", anything that makes it a little more challenging is to be welcomed.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    It's a great idea for a topic, but I can't help but think in many NON-film music terms for every image I view. Weird. Maybe the associative abilities are more ingrained that way.

Fire away Thor, I don't want this thread to be too restricting, I think the majority of posters only come up with film music anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor did come up with a good one and for now I can't think of a better one.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    I hate hate, corporate power speak but yes please Martijn, feel free to post anything "thinking outside the box", anything that makes it a little more challenging is to be welcomed.

biggrin
    I think we're landing on the same page there, buddy. Now, let's utilise this board's key synergies to create win-win scenarios in the ramp-up to these new challenges!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin beer

...and something...

a little menacing
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

Obviously not.

THIS IMAGE?

Another strong musical association.
    Not film music...but film music-ish enough for most, I bet! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Another strong musical association.
    Not film music...but film music-ish enough for most, I bet! smile

Indeed. Good choice.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    If you'll notice Timmer I do the same thing with my sticky post.
    Tom
  3. This one for sure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2W4-0qUdHY

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  4. Martijn wrote
    Hmmm, it's all so happy!

And you don't find anything eerie and creepy about "Wonka's Welcome Song?" freezing