• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2013 edited
    A new topic for a new (and very talented) composer - I'll kick it off with my review of his score for COPPERHEAD for anyone who is interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2013/07/23/coppe … nt-eyquem/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2013 edited
    I think Copperhead is just sublime. Probably my favourite film score of the year so far.
  1. In the words of Boris Johnson... "very niiice".

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2013
    It's a very nice score, but far from being my favourite of the year. Just after I listened to COPPERHEAD, I tried GOD ONLY FORGIVES, and that was in another league altogether.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Thor wrote
    It's a very nice score, but far from being my favourite of the year. Just after I listened to COPPERHEAD, I tried GOD ONLY FORGIVES, and that was in another league altogether.

I thought you were going to say "Pain & Gain" wink But, now I have to check "Only God Forgives" out...never heard of it before.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PAIN & GAIN is brilliant too, but GOD ONLY FORGIVES is better.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Avoid it. It's the usual droning electronic rubbish that Thor likes for no apparent reason. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2013
    Thor wrote

I haven't listened to it yet but I usually like Martinez so I am looking forward to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote

A dog fart would be infinitely better than Pain and Gain.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

A dog fart would be infinitely better than Pain and Gain.

-Erik-

Even if the dog was right next to your head while the sound was being produced.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Thor wrote

Why do you keep scrambling the title? Is it different in your country? Everywhere I see its called "Only God Forgives". Unless there are 2 different films and I downloaded the wrong score lol. Martinez?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he.....good point, Scribe. I guess because I have the Beach Boys song "God Only Knows" in the back of my head when I see the title, so I keep mixing them up! dizzy
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2013
  3. Mr. Eyquem did a wonderful job on Copperhead, one of my Top 5 this year so far!!!!
    Does somebody know how his name is prononced smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2013
    Markus Wippel wrote
    Does somebody know how his name is prononced smile

http://translate.google.com/#auto/en/LAURENT%20EYQUEM

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Thx!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSynchrotones
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2013 edited
    Aay-Kem

http://www.laurenteyquem.com/#!biography/c1enr

One helluva biography, by the way! Worth reading.

(That google thing is hilarious. "Aay-kem" in French, "e, y, q,u,e,m" in English.)

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2013 edited
    Synchrotones wrote
    (That google thing is hilarious. "Aay-kem" in French, "e, y, q,u,e,m" in English.)

<s>

LOL! That was funny indeed! But it nailed the French pronouciation. Not sure who recommended Google Translate to me but it's saved my ass a few times on my radio show.

-Erik-
  5. Google Translate can be brilliant. A friend of a friend had to find a form in Russian for something, so he translated a sentence from Polish to Russian. The sentence was: My cat gave birth to three kittens - two white and one black.

The translation went: My cat gave birth to three kittens, two white and one African American.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2013
    shocked lol
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2013
    He, he....Google Translate can be hilarious sometimes.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Celebrating bonfire weekend with a Laurent Eyquem double-whammy:

http://synchrotones.wordpress.com/

"Copperhead" and "Winnie Mandela".

Thanks for reading,

<s>
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2013
    Last winter, French composer Laurent Eyquem recorded his score for Copperhead, the latest Civil War drama from Ron Maxwell, the director of Gettysburg and Gods and Generals. The film, about a family in upstate New York who is harassed for their pacifism, was released on June 28, 2013, and ScoringSessions.com is pleased to bring our readers photos from the sessions!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2013
    Most impressive output for a single composer in 2013, brilliant music.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.