• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2013 edited
    Another new topic needed, for this great young composer.

Here's my review of his debut score, FREE BIRDS, for anyone who's interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2013/11/08/free- … nic-lewis/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2013 edited
    Has anyone heard the score for Free Birds? I agree with Jon above. I was pointed out by his PR team about this score. It's in the vein of Powell and HGW scores from that DreamWorks era where everything was so enjoyable. A bit like Bee Movie too. Nice little score that doesn't really offer much new but is enjoyable enough. And it's on Spotify.

Here's part of the press release
    Dominic Lewis is a British-born film composer and classically trained at the Royal Academy of Music in London. He previously orchestrated and arranged for two classical albums, Camilly Kerslake and The Priests, and wrote the album for the Lilly May Show. In 2009, Lewis emigrated to The U.S. and joined John Powell, collaborating with the composer of what would become the Oscar-nominated score for How to Train your Dragon. Since then, Lewis has worked with some of Hollywood's most prestigious composers, including Hans Zimmer, Ramin Djawadi, and Henry Jackman.

Free Birds Music from the Motion Picture Track Listing:

Up Around The Bend
    Starry Side Up
    All The Trimmings
    Turkatory
    Poultry Pardon
    El Solo Pavo
    Turknapped
    Shell Shocked
    Secret Military Baster
    Cranberry Saucer
    Eggs-istential Crisis
    Killing Two Birds With One Standish
    Fly Or Get Stuffed
    School Of Flock
    Roast This!
    Tryptophan Traps
    Jive Turkey
    Lazy Eye View
    Birds Of A Feather
    Great Egg-scape
    Hold On To Your Giblets
    The Right Stuffing
    Fowl Play
    Laid To Rest
    Cold Turkey
    The Great Turkey
    Iratus Aves
    Ocellata Turkeys
    Back In Time

Relativity Music Group recently released soundtracks for DreamWorks Animation's The Croods, Safe Haven, Millennium Films' Olympus Has Fallen and The Iceman as well as Focus Features' Hyde Park on Hudson and Promised Land.

For more information on Free Birds please visit http://www.freebirdsmovie.com
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2013
    It seems strictly for the birds?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2013
    Yes, I've heard it. It's a little all over the place and whimsical, but it has some great tracks here and there. It's one of the soundtracks that has made it through the 'eye of the needle' in my walkthrough of 2013's scores. Thus far.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I thought it was okay. Very capably composed, but nothing I would return to often.
  2. christopher wrote
    I thought it was okay. Very capably composed, but nothing I would return to often.

Same here, with the comment from Thor about it being "all over the place" added too. Maybe the composer was just trying too hard, trying to include everything he's learnt.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn