• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. A new topic for a new composer...

My review of Bromfman's ROBOCOP score, for anyone who is interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2014/02/17/roboc … -bromfman/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2014 edited
    And new and hopefully forgotten composer wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2014
    Demetris wrote

Don't be so harsh. It's not his first score either. It's certainly the first one with an RC influence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Lp, what other scores would you recommend by the composer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote

Hmm, that's a bit much. Let's give him a chance, at least.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2014
    he hasn't composed alot of scores yet. and none of them are orchestral. all of them have a latin american feeling. very rhythmic with guitars and percussions. as i already said in another thread, his scores for the 2 Tropa De Elite movies are perfect for these movies. so actually he has a feeling for the right type of score for a film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2014 edited
    Demetris wrote
    Lp, what other scores would you recommend by the composer?

I wouldn't recommend his previous works, since those are very regional. I did have hope for him working on RoboCop, thinking that he would provide something different. And I love José Padilha's Elite Squad movies (Pedro's score for those were ON Point!) and I thought he would have done something gritty with Robocop. But, alas, in the end, I think the Hollywood system won, (ahem, TARZAN!!!) but I still have hope.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2014 edited
    Now, let's not be crude. Not every RC colored score is bad. Actually Tarzan has very nice moments and themes in it, as well as some impressive ation writing whilst Robocop is almost unbearable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2014
    Demetris wrote
    Now, let's not be crude. Not every RC colored score is bad. Actually Tarzan has very nice moments and themes in it, as well as some impressive ation writing whilst Robocop is almost unbearable.

Jon Broxton's take on the the RoboCop score is more in line with how I feel about it. Some promising stuff by an upcoming composer who was hampered by the studio.

And I really like the Tarzan score.