• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2014
    It appears that Morricone is returning to London on December 10, at the O2 Arena.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/184217/9

I didn't go last time he was in the UK because I thought the tickets were a rip-off, but I'll go this time because I suspect it will be the last time.

Anyone else interested? Tickets not on sale yet but probably worth buying early.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2014 edited
    That is exactly one day before the Desplat concert in Barbican.

Excellent timing I'd say for those who travel to London. Two concerts in one trip.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm more interested in seeing him again in Dublin, which is around the same time. Also because I've never been to tje irish capital.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    I'd be up for a meeting around this time. The Desplat concert is in an area which is better suited for eating and drinking; the O2 is a soulless pit of vacuity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Like royal albert hall, then.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    Yes, only more of a pain for travel and in the arse-end of Greenwich.
  1. Do they still run that cable car thing across the Thames and does that go the the O2?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. I'll attand a Morricone concert in Cologne in a few weeks.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I shall also be in cologne. I have a bottle of Old Spice reserved for these occasions.
  3. That's great James, but no alcohol for me I'm afraid. I live about 70km east of cologne and will drive hither and thither.
  4. Captain Future wrote
    That's great James, but no alcohol for me I'm afraid. I live about 70km east of cologne and will drive hither and thither.

biggrin

http://youtu.be/V_HKiqkzlgs
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Yeah, yeah, I know what Old Spice is. But i do think there also is a scotch by that name.

http://whiskey.findthebest.com/l/750/We … ing-Scotch
  6. Captain Future wrote
    Yeah, yeah, I know what Old Spice is. But i do think there also is a scotch by that name.

http://whiskey.findthebest.com/l/750/We … ing-Scotch

shame

Sorry!
  7. No matter at all. Not sure what James meant, really. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Do they still run that cable car thing across the Thames and does that go the the O2?

The Dangleway? Only runs until 9pm and not at all if there's a mild breeze.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I shall also be in cologne. I have a bottle of Old Spice reserved for these occasions.

Captain Future wrote
    That's great James, but no alcohol for me I'm afraid. I live about 70km east of cologne and will drive hither and thither.

First LOL of the day biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Not to steal the thunder from the London gig, but anyone willing to join for the Dublin instead?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Captain Future wrote
    No matter at all. Not sure what James meant, really. cheesy

It was a joke. (Cologne the city / cologne the men's perfume.) As with most of my jokes, it evidently fell entirely flat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2014
    Christ on a bike, I just saw the ticket prices (and the most expensive ones have already all sold out, even though you could buy yourself a decent-sized island in the Caribbean for the same amount of money)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I went for the decent sized Island. St. Lucia.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2014 edited
    And the tickets for the Dublin concert -- which was more interesting for me -- are even higher. The cheapest currently stands at £110. This is SO out of the question for me now.

I think I'll go to Dublin for a regular holiday trip instead.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Tickets to see a top-grade, A-list pop star are considerably less than that. It's £142.75 in London, which is more than double what I paid for the top-price ticket to see Billy Joel or Elton John.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It's such a rip-off, I don't think I'll go. Again. I was going to go to this and Desplat on consecutive nights. By the time I add on travelling costs and a hotel, I could literally book an all-inclusive week's holiday in Jamaica or something. He's my favourite living film composer but this is ridiculous (particularly since I can't believe the O2 arena is really a great venue for orchestral music)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, I'm glad I went to his RAH concert back in 2010 now. If memory serves, that wasn't cheap either, but a FAR cry from this.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2014
    Southall wrote
    Christ on a bike

yay
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2014
    Demetris wrote
    Southall wrote
    Christ on a bike

yay

Jesus rides!
    • CommentAuthorMilan NS
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2014 edited
    Those prices... damn. When I saw him in Belgrade in 2009, the most expensive seat category was €50 / £40 ... but then again, that's the usual price for top concerts for us poor folks over here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2014 edited
    Those prices are crazy yes, I paid 55 euro to see him in antwerp in 2012... I am surprised the april concert is still on for Belgium given his recent surgery and postponement of the US dates, but from what I heard prices for the Belgium concert this time around aren't cheap either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2014
    Seems like I caught him 'in the nick of time' with that RAH concert in 2010 (where prices were still relatively high, but nothing compared with this).
    I am extremely serious.