• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009
    Southall done broke the forum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    I thought my computer screwed up.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    James Horner
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Isn't that Timmer's gag?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Christodoulides wrote
    Seriously, when you have THAT large expectations off a score, you'll most likely end up disappointed. At least this is what happens 99% of the times with me.

That's exactly my case too! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Fixed it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Southall wrote
    I think he stole it from Thor!

By thunder!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Isn't that Timmer's gag?

Sorry... let's try it again.

James Horner
    © Timmer

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2009
    Southall wrote
    I think he stole it from Thor!

James Horner
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009
    Wow, apparently a sequel is already in the works. Not only are Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci back on to write the screenplay, so is Damon Lindelof! shocked cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I hope Giacchino will be back too wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009 edited
    I think if it's Abrams that's a guarantee. But let's find out if this score is any good first!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I'm expecting stuff along the lines of the MoH series here.
  2. DemonStar wrote

we are all hoping this, but I think more Lost than MOH will be spotted in the music
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DemonStar wrote

we are all hoping this, but I think more Lost than MOH will be spotted in the music

If Star Trek = 1.0 MOH + 0.5 Lost than all is well... I hope !!!! 2 more months to finally know for sure.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2009
    Apparently the movie's pretty good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bruce Greenwood as captain Pike?
    Inspired casting!

He looks eerily like Jeffrey Hunter in the part in the original Star Trek pilot The Cage back in 1966!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Bruce Greenwood as captain Pike?
    Inspired casting!

He looks eerily like Jeffrey Hunter in the part in the original Star Trek pilot The Cage back in 1966!

Hmmm...I don't think they look anything alike, but there you go.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2009 edited
    You're kidding? The chin? The nose? The ratio of the features?
    With a bit of make-up, he's gonna be a dead ringer for old Jeff!

EDIT: OK. Never mind. He doesn't.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    You're kidding? The chin? The nose? The ratio of the features?
    With a bit of make-up, he's gonna be a dead ringer for old Jeff!

Sorry. I see two handsome men with "handsome man" features, that's about it. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    See my edit. smile When seen in action, he doesn't look anything like Jeff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    See my edit. smile When seen in action, he doesn't look anything like Jeff.

I see. In any case, cool to see Campbell in this film. I've liked him ever since NOWHERE MAN.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    moonie wrote
    I thought my computer screwed up.

No, it was a transporter malfunction.

I'll tell you this now. If there is a transporter malfunction / time travel deux ex machina in this film then I will blow my top. So there.

:klingon:
    • CommentAuthortimme
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Listening to some of the music from Trailers #2 ("Down With The Enterprise", Two Steps From Hell) and #3 ("Freedom Fighters", Two Steps From Hell) for the new Star Trek movie and I like it!
    You can listen to an interview with Nick Phoenix from Two Steps From Hell on www.filmmusicsite.com. He talks about the trailer music for Star Trek.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009
    How's this for publicity - at a screening of one of the old Trek movies in America, the projector broke down and the fans started booing. Then Leonard Nimoy walked onto the stage and explained the projector wasn't broken but instead they wanted to show them the new film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    How's this for publicity - at a screening of one of the old Trek movies in America, the projector broke down and the fans started booing. Then Leonard Nimoy walked onto the stage and explained the projector wasn't broken but instead they wanted to show them the new film.

I'd love it if they still booed and demanded the old film. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    biggrin

I guess they didn't get what they paid for, so technically the theater is still at fault. I'd scream false advertising as soon as the new movie finished.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2009
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote

I'd love it if they still booed and demanded the old film. biggrin

That's what I would have done. It was Star Trek II, after all. How wonderful it would be to see that on the big screen!

In fact, I can only imagine how deliriously happy I would be if I went to see the new Star Trek film but they showed Star Trek II instead. wink