• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2014
    cry
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Why can't you go, Bregt? Work obligations?

It's not a very expensive city to go to or live in.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2014 edited
    Yeah, not enough holidays left.

What a great lineup. Will there be a concert by Zimmer then too?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2014 edited
    Well, there's the GLADIATOR concert, of course (live performance to film). But it says there's also an INCEPTION suite. That sucks about holidays...you can take a 'fast one' and take out a sick day or two. wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    The Inception one is awesome live. This is going to be awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh I've seen the suite live already but yes that was absolutely one of my greatest live concert experiences ever.
    Kazoo
  1. it's good to see other people can enjoy an Inception / Zimmer experience too. Hope it rocks as much as the one we had several years ago.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014
    Thor wrote
    Well, there's the GLADIATOR concert, of course (live performance to film). But it says there's also an INCEPTION suite. That sucks about holidays...you can take a 'fast one' and take out a sick day or two. wink

Gladiator and Inception live concerts? really?!?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yes. The whole of GLADIATOR is shown with a live symphonic accompaniment (and Lisa Gerrard), in a steel mill with 5000 spectators. For INCEPTION, I think they're only doing the suite that they did in Ghent a couple of years ago.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Experiencing Perfume: The Story of a Murderer for the first the time with live orchestra in that steel mill setting was amazing! Of course the Goldenthal overdose of that same edition was bliss as well, truly wish I could join you and the SST gang this year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    My God, this should be amazing! Who is going btw? we expect full reports!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014 edited
    Seems like I'm the only regular MT member who's going. And Caliburn, who's SST/MT.

It's everyone else's loss, that's all I can say.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Stop it Thor! I know! cry sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014 edited
    He, he...

Seriously, though, I have total understanding for all of those who can't make it due to other obligations.

However, if you do have the time for ONE event this year, THIS IS IT! It's probably the cheapest festival too.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's a matter of time and friggin money for me as always wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2014
    I assume Pawel and Maciek will be there as well.
  2. I AM there.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2014
    I ran into Pawel today, on my way to the first press conference!

Unfortunately, it seems like I'm not able to do a personal interview with Zimmer or any of the other composers here (that I haven't already interviewed before). Doesn't help that I'm a socalled "VIP" this year...these guys have their strict schedules.

But I'm totally excited about everything nonetheless. The KON-TIKI concert is tonight.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Say hi to Robert for me! I loved my trip to Krakow the other year smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2014
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2014
    Have a great time Thor! I wish I was there... smile
    Kazoo
  4. to all the guys and girls there, have fun. Hope to see you in Ghent soon
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorcrocodile
    Really enjoyed last night's concert. I've never seen the film before and thought it was pretty good. smile

Karol
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, it was great seeing it again in this format, even though I -- personally -- tend to prefer film music concerts without any film footage whatsoever. Otherwise, it's really just a fancy form of cinemagoing.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2014
    Goldenthal has arrived. I said 'hello' briefly (although my hands were still wet after having washed them...a bit embarassing), but then copped out of the crowded mingling party early. Mingling is not for me. Never has been. I like to observe!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mingling is my speciality, I'm a schmoozing mudderfucker. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm also a moody mudderfucker. In a certain mood I'll be an observer too, I'm extrovert and introvert, I can be super confident one day and totally retreat the next. Anyone else like that?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2014 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I'm also a moody mudderfucker. In a certain mood I'll be an observer too, I'm extrovert and introvert, I can be super confident one day and totally retreat the next. Anyone else like that?

Well, yeah, I'm very much like that in case that came out wrong. But mingling and networking is not my forte. I am social, but prefer the socializing to come naturally, not "forced". Plus, I had very much an 'off' day today, after I finished the Söderqvist Q&A.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I am so introverted when in large groups it's embarrassing but when in smaller groups or just with people I know well I'm the opposite. I wish I wasn't like that, but there's not much I can do about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcrocodile
    Same here.

Karol