• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

VARÈSE SARABANDE RECORDS TO RELEASE STRIKE BACK SOUNDTRACK

Featuring Original Music By Scott Shields
    And The Main Title Theme “Short Change Hero” By The Heavy

(May 20, 2014– Los Angeles, CA) – Varèse Sarabande Records will release STRIKE BACK – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, available digitally and on CD May 27, 2014. The soundtrack features the hard rocking original score composed by Scott Shields (the UK rock band GUN) for the third and fourth seasons of the show. The album also features the main title theme song “Short Change Hero” performed by The Heavy.

STRIKE BACK launched by BBC in the UK and season one ran in the US as STRIKE BACK: ORIGINS on Cinemax (starring amongst other people THE WALKING DEAD’s Andrew Lincoln). “The sound now reflects the edgy kind of music that our heroes would listen to and gives a very contemporary feel to the show,” said Shields.

Scott Shields is a composer, producer, and songwriter known for his work on many popular feature films, television dramas and album recordings. Scott has been the musical mastermind behind STRIKE BACK from its premiere season; the popular Cinemax television series is now in production on its final season, slated to air later in the year.

“In the 5 years that I have been scoring STRIKE BACK, I have followed the progress and growth of the characters, and the music developed organically with them. At the start of the series, we used an orchestral brass section, cellos, and military percussion and gave it a very British feel. In seasons three and four, we used the high intensity approach that we now have.”

As a multi-instrumentalist and renowned rock musician, Scott has written, produced, and played with established acts such as Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros, KT Tunstall, The Beautiful South and GUN. It was through his collaborations with the iconic Strummer that Scott first ventured into the world of film in 2001, when he was invited to co-write the soundtrack to British comedy GYPSY WOMAN.
    Further television programs Scott has scored include the ITV drama series THE FIXER, and Series 8 of the BBC1 drama WAKING THE DEAD. Together with Ilan Eshkeri, he composed Lynda La Plante’s TRIAL AND RETRIBUTION. Scott also collaborated with Magnus Fiennes on ITV drama series INJUSTICE, Series 4 and 5 of MURPHY’S LAW, THE LAST ENEMY, and HBO drama 5 DAYS.

A high-octane, globe-spanning thriller with storylines ripped from today's headlines, STRIKE BACK focuses on two members of a top-secret intelligence agency known as Section 20: Michael Stonebridge, a British sergeant on the elite counter-terrorism team, and Damien Scott, a former U.S. Delta Force operative who was discharged on the eve of the U.S. invasion of Iraq. Stonebridge, Scott and the rest of Section 20 criss-cross the globe on the trail of a deadly international terrorist named Latif, who is planning a major attack involving a cache of WMD that could have global repercussions.

“The battle sequences are driven forward with modern rock instruments, aggressive beat programming, cinematic percussion and complex synth textures, while the exotic locations used by the show allow me to experiment with ethnic vocalists and instrumentalists,” Shields explained. “I then like to blend the traditional with the modern sound of the series to create this hybrid score.”

Cinemax presents STRIKE BACK, returning for a fifth and final season later in the year. The STRIKE BACK –Original Television Series Soundtrack from Varèse Sarabande Records will be released digitally and on CD May 27, 2014.

###

http://www.varesesarabande.com

For more information contact: cinemediapromo@yahoo.com or @cinemediapromo on Twitter

ABOUT VARÈSE SARABANDE RECORDS
    Founded in 1978, Varèse Sarabande is the industry leading independent soundtrack record label releasing the highest profile film music from the world’s greatest composers. From current box office hits and top television series to classics from Hollywood’s Golden Age, Varèse Sarabande’s 35-year catalog includes new soundtracks and newly recorded albums from practically every composer in the history of film, including Jerry Goldsmith, Bernard Herrmann, Alex North, Elmer Bernstein, Danny Elfman, Michael Giacchino, Mark Isham, John Powell, Alan Silvestri, Brian Tyler, Christopher Young and Hans Zimmer.

Varèse Sarabande spotlights the best from the past with the Varèse CD Club and Varèse Vintage imprint. The Varèse CD Club releases previously out-of-print soundtrack titles and expanded edition packages put together with an eye for the film music collector.

Varèse Vintage Records specializes in releasing new albums by classic pop, jazz and country artists such as Trevor Rabin, Keith Emerson, Dwight Twilley, Ed Bruce and Billy Cobham, In addition, the label has a long history of reissuing great pop and soundtrack albums such as Flash Harry by Harry Nilsson, The Everly Brothers’ Songs Our Daddy Taught Us, The Family Way soundtrack by Paul McCartney, Porky’s Revenge, featuring music by Dave Edmunds, Jeff Beck, and George Harrison, among others.

Varèse Sarabande continues the tradition they started by hosting and producing worldwide concerts celebrating film music with orchestras all over the world. Past gala events include the official Abbey Road Studios 80th Anniversary concert in London, the Universal Pictures 100th Anniversary concert in Tenerife, and a series of tribute programs to composers Jerry Goldsmith, Alex North, Bernard Herrmann, Alan Silvestri, Patrick Doyle, Elmer Bernstein, Henry Mancini and John Barry. To celebrate Varèse Sarabande's 35th Anniversary in 2013 there were a number of concerts worldwide, including in Macau (China), three concerts featuring the Golden State Pops Orchestra in San Pedro (CA), with additional events in PoznaƄ (Poland) and Tenerife (Spain).

Varèse Sarabande Records is distributed by Universal Music Group, the largest music distributor in the world. The Varèse CD Club accepts direct orders at www.varesesarabande.com.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2014
    I've started watching this series after the notification of this soundtrack (which is excellent, by the way), and I'm totally hooked!

I've binged through the first two seasons in two days and currently started the 3rd.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Not seen the show but I didn't like this soundtrack at all.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2014 edited
    To each their own. It's very much in "my territory".
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Just offering an alternate opinion on this particular score.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I keep seeing this thread in the corner of my eye and thinking "Star Wars"
    • CommentAuthorLars
    its a really great show. i hope they will make a 5th season soon. for the music, i think ilan eshkeris music for season 1 and 2 were a lil better, although the music fits to the show in all 4 seaons perfectly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2014 edited
    The drive and energy and the 'exotic locales' are really what drives this series. OK, some of the sex scenes are a bit gratuitous (there seems to be at least one per episode), and the body count equals an average PC shoot'em'up game, but those are minor quibbles. It's one of those shows you can't help tuning into again and again.

I dug the Horner/ALIENS-like music for the first season (I thought that was Shield too, not Eshkeri!), but I also love all the ethnic colours, the synth ambiance, the songs and the beats of the following seasons (I'm currently at the 3rd).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    eshkeri wrote the music for the first season, the one with richard armitage and for the second season Project Dawn with the new team. both seasons have more of a rcp sound.