• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2008 edited
    Had a chance to listen to his score to the video game "Clive Barker's Jericho". ---Really impressive !!

This score blends boy soprano, huge chorus, and a large orchestral ensemble. It is dark, aggresive, very complex, well orchestrated. Anyone enjoying "The Omen" etc. should give this score a listen.

2008 really has witnessed an outburst of first-rate VG scores one after another !

p.s. Listened to James Hannigan's "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" VG score today, and it's just magnificant. Hooper's film version of score seems like a student project comparing to this VG score....
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2008
    This was the guy who was originally going to score Splinter Cell Double Agent, right? But it went to Michael McCann...?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Good score indeed. I met him at Games in Cncert and he gave away official cd's of his score. cool

There's Elfmans Batman in it, some Salem's Lot and indeed, The Omen. Not a very original score, but well, LAIR wasn't either. Though, it's not something I'd listen often.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sounds like something i have to get then!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. He is one of the composers of God of War 1 & 2, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, truly epic sounding music, he can create some pounding action. I like that!

I only heard the gamerip of Jericho and quite frankly it gave me a headache, there's only some choral music, but 3/4 (2 hours of it) is nothing but pounding, going nowhere drums, and themeless underscore. Aaarrrgghh! If the official OST is so good I must hear it at once.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, i know his work in GOD OF WAR I and II and i totally love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010
    Wired interviews God of War III composer Cris Velasco and SCEA Music Team

video interview here:

http://www.wired.com/video/latest-video … 8769808001
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010
    Also, check out this very interesting piece of news!

DARKSIDERS™ FEATURES BOMBASTIC CHORAL MUSIC
    BY CRIS VELASCO AND MIKE REAGAN

AWARD-WINNING "GOD OF WAR" COMPOSERS PROVIDE EPIC

ORIGINAL SCORE FOR NEW ACTION ADVENTURE FRANCHISE

Los Angeles - January 4th, 2010 - Award-winning composers Cris Velasco (God of War series, Clive Barker's Jericho) and Mike Reagan (God of War series, Conan) have created the original music score for THQ's highly anticipated new action adventure title DARKSIDERS™. Developed by THQ in-house studio Vigil Games, DARKSIDERS puts players in the role of War, one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. The dramatic score features 60 minutes of original music composed by Velasco and Reagan and was recorded with a full choir at the world renowned Skywalker Sound Studios.

Jeremy Robins, audio director at Vigil Games, commented, "Mike and Cris have delivered a score that not only encompasses a character as epic as one of the four horsemen, but helped define it as an IP."

Victor Rodriguez, music director at THQ, added, "Cris and Mike bring the emotion with their unique, highly visceral musical score."

In DARKSIDERS players will explore a world set 100 years after the biblical Apocalypse, traveling through expansive dungeons, battling demons and angels and striking deals with unsavory characters in an epic quest to restore the balance between Heaven and Hell. DARKSIDERS is scheduled to release in North America on January 5th, 2010 and launches in the UK on January 8th, 2010. For more information please visit www.darksiders.com.

[Author: Top Dollar PR]
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Wired interviews God of War III composer Cris Velasco and SCEA Music Team

video interview here:

http://www.wired.com/video/latest-video … 8769808001

The game and the score are going to kick serious ass if they want to top the two previous instalments. Looking forward to both.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010
    Me too. Whatever i heard from this composer was kick-ass altogether so far!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NO TE QUIERES ENTERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR....YE YE!
  3. Que?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
  4. Wrong Velasco lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. PawelStroinski wrote
    Que?

I'm soooo sorry, he is from Barcelona. biggrin