• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorchriss_co
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2008
    I think it'll be fitting if JNH wins his 1st oscar with Michael Clayton as it will serve perfect irony for all the years his best work has gone unrecognized by the Academy
  1. I'm pleased to see Beltrami's name amongst some other worthy composers.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2008
    As I have not seen any of the films or heard any of the scores, I really couldn't care less. Furthermore, I only watch the Oscars because I think it's fascinating to see the world's biggest celebrities and stars all gathered in one place, bonding with each other. The awards themselves are totally uninteresting.

BUT....I love Beltrami in general, so I hope he wins.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Desplat's unlucky this year. sad

However congratulations to four of the five (you know who you are!). Particularly to Giacchino and Beltrami. They both deserve a day in the sun as much as Desplat, and have never been recognised before, so this is a slightly satisfying set of nominations.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    GIACCHINO, GIACCHINO, GIACCHINO, GIACCHINO!!!!

sd smile

oh and did I say GIACCHINO!!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  3. Apparently when a candidate is disqualified from nomination for an Oscar, the compiler of votes is instructed not to count votes for them. Given how late THERE WILL BE BLOOD was disqualified (ie. 2 days ago), well after nominations would have been mailed in, I think it's safe to assume that it would have been one of the five based on the generally positive reactions from film reviews.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Did you notice this list will be imposible only some years ago?

Beltrami and Giacchino nominations never could happen one year ago....Im really, really happy.

Sadly Zimmer doesn't want to be nominate anymore sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2008 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    Did you notice this list will be imposible only some years ago?

Beltrami and Giacchino nominations never could happen one year ago....Im really, really happy.

Sadly Zimmer doesn't want to be nominate anymore sad

Agree, glad for Giacchino and Beltrami (even if the scores they are nominated for are not among his best IMO). But happy their names will be spoken in the show (if the show is finally done). I still hope the winner is Marianelli though.

As for Zimmer, too bad he doesn´t want to be nominated; POTC3 could have been perfectly nominated: if "The Kite Runner" and "Michael Clayton" are among the nominees why not Zimmer´s Pirates?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2008 edited
    Dost mine eyes deceive me? Michael Clayton nominated for an Oscar??? I'm happy James Newton Howard has been nominated for an Oscar, but seriously, I don't think Michael Clayton is good enough for an Oscar - The Water Horse would've been a much better choice (maybe it wasn't nominated cos it's too recent...). Weird, they ignored so many of his deserving scores earlier (Dinosaur, Atlantis, Waterworld, King Kong...) but nominated one of his not-so-good ones. I'm surprised they didn't nominate PoTC: AWE, it definitely deserves an award. Bad luck Mr. Zimmer sad My best wishes for a nomination (or even better a win) next time cheesy

I think the closest to winning an Oscar now are either Atonement or Ratatouille. None of the others appeal to me much, except maybe Kite Runner tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    http://video.msn.com/video.aspx/?mkt=en … wsignin1.0
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    rolleyes confused
    Yeah, great, they don´t say a thing about the score category...brilliant.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you