• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008
    FSM announces the announcement of the Supes box set, which will go on sale at 3 P.M. Eastern time on Thursday, February 21 2008 on Screen Archives.

I'm torn between wanting this set and not -- I already have Williams' complete score as an isolated track on the Superman DVD (as well as alternate cues) but some fans are really yearning for Courage's work on the fourth film, which makes me curious if it's really that good. I wasn't a big fan of Thorne's reworking of Williams's score for the second and third films, though.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008 edited
    I, too, and torn between getting this or not - and it will probably boil down to whether I'm willing to pay for the rest of the music apart from the music that was released in the 2-CD Warners Archive/Rhino set for Superman: The Movie.

I suppose with the pound doing so well against the dollar it's not as much of a strain on the wallet as it could be.

The references to "songs" is a bit disconcerting also!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008
    An extra $80 to get it signed by Ken Thorne and Ron Jones? Jesus Christ. And people moan about Intrada charging $25 for a double-CD set.
  1. Southall wrote
    An extra $80 to get it signed by Ken Thorne and Ron Jones? Jesus Christ. And people moan about Intrada charging $25 for a double-CD set.

I know! Ridiculous. When I first saw that there was going to be an autographed version I initially thought that there was going to be John Williams-signed merchandise. But alas, no. Imagine how much that would have added to the price!?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    Southall wrote

Don't you mean $30 ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2008
    BUMP!

The REAL Blue Box thread!

wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2008
    tongue
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    BUMP!

The REAL Blue Box thread!

wink

-Erik-

The other one is Fake?

Damn those Bootleggers!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008 edited
    Is there a way to just get the Williams part of this box collection? (wishful thinking)
    I WANT to be able to buy this part without the rest which I couldnt care less... slant
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008 edited
    msia2k75 wrote
    Is there a way to just get the Williams part of this box collection? (wishful thinking)
    I WANT to be able to buy this part without the rest which I couldnt care less... slant

If you snuggle up real close the someone who gets it , maybe they will oblige.

sd smile

Im on the "Right" one now Erik. biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2008
    From JWFAN.net

Radio Interview with Mike Matessino Now Available

Mike Matessino, producer of Film Score Monthly's Superman: The Music (1978-1988), was the guest on the radio show "Celluloid Dreams" on Monday, March 3rd. The program, which was entirely devoted to the music of Superman and featured the premiere broadcast of music from Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, is now available for download in MP3 format at the Celluloid Dreams website.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. The only thing about this box (still available in Germany for about 100 €) that really interests me is the score for the first film.

Yet I already own the Rhino set of "Superman TM" and that does not sound bad despite second generation material having been used.
    I also own the Varese re-recording.

Too much money in one place then I guess.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. I also had the Rhino version before buying the box. But the rest of the films have got such great music - original as well as adapted music from Williams' original score - that the box was an immediate purchase.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2013
    The only thing that interested me with the box was SUPERMAN IV (esp. the new Williams material), and this particular segment was given to me by a generous fellow fan. So now I'm pleased. I'm content with the old Warner release of the first score, and then I have an old combo of II and III as an LP-to-CD transfer which I hardly listen to. I'm not as big a SUPERMAN fan as most everyone else seems to be.
    I am extremely serious.